CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

"So, when is the wedding?" I ask.

Sienna is now 8 months pregnant, one more month until the baby comes. Dex and Chris were at work so me and Sienna are just hanging out. "Well, we were thinking of having the wedding after the baby is born, cause If we have the wedding now, I will probably give birth" she laughs as I do as well, "makes sense" I say.

"So, you and Dex have officially been together for like 9 months, that's a whole pregnancy" she says, "very funny" I say as she laughs. "Quite a milestone, don't you think" she says, "it Is, I think we are going to do our wedding next year" I say to her and she nods.

"And a baby?" she asks, "yeah definitely not now" I say, "oh come on, they are so cute, and they have chubby faces, and they are small, and also-" I cut her off. "No".

"But you get to dress them up" she says, "definitely not" I state. "Ugh fine" she sighs, "you want a drink?" I ask, "water please" she says walking with me to the kitchen.

"Isn't it your birthday next month?" she asks, "yes, I'm getting old" I sigh, "let's do something special for your birthday" she says. "You are going to have a baby soon, and you want to do something for my birthday?" I ask, "well what if I have the baby before your birthday" she says. "But then you will be taking care of a baby" I state.

"So, we not doing anything for your birthday" she says sadly, "I'm working on my birthday" I say to her, "oh with that new job you got? What is it? Like a marketing something" she says. "Marketing manager, its going pretty well and Dex is jealous of my boss because he is a guy my age who apparently might hit on me" I laugh.

"That sounds like Dex. How long have you been working there for also is the boss nice?" she asks. "I have been working for like a month, and the boss is really nice we have become good friends and Dex is still warming up to him" I say.

"I'm sure Dex and him will be besties" she says. "I hope so, Dex normally sits in my office half the time" I say. "Can't you take a day off since it's your birthday, I mean didn't you say your boss is your bestie" she asks. "I could ask, but Dex said he will be at work that day as well" I say.

"So, there is no point" she says, "exactly" I state. "Ok I'll try" I say looking at her sad face that has now lightened up. "Really?" I nod, "that's great" she says. We ended up talking about my birthday, that honestly I really didn't want to do, I just wasn't feeling it, at all.

The guys came in while we were in the kitchen. "Hello peoples" Chris says coming to kiss Sienna, "hey amore" Dex kisses me passionately. "I missed you" he says, "I missed you more my love" I say kissing him again. "So Ash, what you doing for your birthday?" Chris asks, "working" I state, "I thought-" Sienna starts, "I said I'll try" I say trying to sound as nice as possible.

"Right, you'll try. Dex, your fiancé seems mad" Sienna turns to Dex, "are you mad amore, what did I do?", "nothing, I'm just not feeling like celebrating my birthday this year" I say to him.

Last year I celebrated my birthday with Dex, my parents weren't there, and I hated it. This year just for some reason doesn't feel any special, I mean a birthday is a birthday I guess. Plus, I would rather work than celebrate my birthday.

I know I sound like a party pooper, but I don't know, there's nothing really to celebrate.

"Aw really, come on amore" he tries convincing me. "We can do something small" he says, "ok fine" I smile.

"That was easier than I thought" Dex says, I laugh, "alright we should head out for Sienna's last ultrasound before the baby comes" Chris says. "Good luck, send me some photos as well" I say, they nod walking out the door.

I look at Dex and give him a hug, "I love you so much" I say to him, "I love you to darling" he hugs me back. "So, I was thinking we need to grow our family" I say to him, and he raises and eyebrow at me. "You wanna make a baby? Is this why you have been so lovey dovey lately?" he asks. "No, I want a dog duh" I say to him.