CHAPTER NINE

It is a few days till new year's eve. A new years without Adam. I don't know why I keep thinking about him, I shouldn't be. I don't have any feelings for him though. Not anymore.

Apparently Rachel has a party for the new years as well, so she has been setting everything up this whole week, it's a big party from what I've been told.

And I'm ready to date again, after a bunch of thinking I'm ready, and I am ready to tell Dex everything. The feelings I have for him and that I'm ready to date.

Right now, I'm working on a bunch of school work, final exams are just around the corner. Dex, and I are going to be graduating in 4 months which seems like a while, but it isn't.

I hear Dex yell my name, so I go downstairs to see what all the commotion is, no one is in the room.

The whole of downstairs is dark and there is no sight of movement or noise.

What the fuck.

"Dex?"

No answer, before I could repeat his name, arms wrapped around my waist pulling me back to a hard chest. I screamed at the sudden touch.

"AHHHHH"

Dex laughed as the lights went on, everyone was there laughing. "you guys are bullies, is this all you needed me for, seriously".

Dex was crying from the amount of laughing he was doing, "Alright, I'm sorry amore" he apologised, holding my waist lightly as he kissed me on the cheek.

"AWWWWW" everyone says as I blush.

"We did actually need you for something, Lynda tells us you are a great cook" Rachel says as the boys go back to decorations and the girls come over to me.

I look at my mum, she weakly smiles, I see my sister crawling up to me. I found out that her name is belle and that she is around 8 or 9 months now.

She is so cute, "I um yeah you could say that".

"Great you could help us with some stuff", "alright sounds good" I smile and start to get to work.

After a while my mum comes up to me, "sorry" she says, "it's fine" I say bluntly, "Dex seems like a nice guy, doesn't he?" I reply with a hum continuing the cake batter I'm making.

She opened her mouth then closed It, and repeatedly did that for a while, until she spoke again, "so uh, when are you and Dex getting together" she asks.

"That's Dex and my business" I reply.

"You talking about me Ash" Dex comes up hugging me from behind as he leaves light kisses on my neck, I giggle, "maybe" I look up at him.

"Talking shit about me, behind my back" he acts shocked, "yes I am" I slightly laugh, he does a dramatic gasp, "how dare you" he says laughing as I kiss his cheek.

"That is my job" he says tickling me lightly, I kick his leg slightly, "stop I'll ruin the cake".

He hums resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"They are getting married" Chris says, "100 buckaroos if they get together" Matt says putting his hand out, "anyone else?" Chris says, "oh fuck yea" Evelyn says placing her money on the counter.

Everyone puts their money in, then my dad speaks, "I don't think they will last very long" my dad says.

I sigh going back to the cake I was working on. He will never be happy for me. I don't think he will, no matter what life goals I have accomplished or if I do something I've always wanted to.