CHAPTER THIRTY

Ashley

It was the day of the gender reveal, I was sitting in bed quietly doing work on my laptop while Dex slept beside me. I hear the sheets move around next to me, "Hmmm morning baby" Dex says bringing his head on my lap and resting his eyes. morning" I play with his curly hair while reading my resume for a new job that I am trying to apply to.

Since I have finished university I have just been working at that stupid low paying café, so now I am trying to apply to some marketing manager role at this company.

"You know" Dex starts, I hum, "you have me, you don't need a job" he says, "I don't want you buying everything I want or need" I say taking a sip of my tea, "I'd buy you the world" he mumbles sleepily stuffing his face into my thighs, "you can't be the only one supporting this house" I reply.

"Yes I can" he says, "no you can't, and like I have said multiple times, I am an independent woman" I say.

"Well, yes, but no" Dex says, "what's that supposed to mean?" I lean back on the head board playing with his hair. "I just- I don't want Adam to come back, or somehow escaped out of the little cell he is in and becomes your boss, or some other bad guy becomes your boss and he takes you away from me".

"You can be very over protective" I laugh, "and needy, give me cuddles" he adds. I close my laptop putting it on the floor and moving so that I am laying on top of Dex.

"I love you amore" he says kissing the top of my head, "I love you too fiancé" I smile, "still keep forgetting that' he laughs. "Well now you are stuck with me forever" I say, "unless we get a divorce" he states. I look at him.

"Fuck no" I say as he laughs, I move so that i am facing him, he moves a strand of hair from my face, and I peck his lips.

We stayed like that for a while until I realised that I had to get everything ready for the gender reveal, "babe, what's the time?" I ask, "7, why?".

"We need to get ready for the gender reveal, and I need to set up the whole place" I state getting out of the bed and Dex does as well, he walks behind me leaning on the bathroom door frame, "who's place is it at?" he asks while I take my shirt off.

"Uh your parents" I say turning around facing him. "Alright" he looks at me, "what?" I ask, "nothing, I'll uh wait" he says rubbing the back of his neck, "wait- are you blushing?" I ask, "whattt? No, definitely not" he says, I come closer to him touching his shoulders and chest, "that doesn't sound very convincing" I say kissing his jaw.

"Someone has a lot of confidence today" Dex says as I kiss him on the lips, "I thought I'd switch it up". 

"I'm liking it" he smirks, "are you?" I tease, "are you seriously doing this to me, this early in the morning" he says picking me up, I wrap my legs around his waist, "I think I am" I say he sits on the edge of the bed I am still in his lap; I start grinding on his lap, "oh?" he says leaning back with his arms as support.

"You like that?" I touch his chest, he hums touching the side of my waist, he comes back up kissing me, "darling" he warns, "yeah?", "we still have to get ready" he reminds me. "Oh, fuck I forgot" I say getting up and going into the bathroom to get ready.

Once I finished I came out with a towel and I go into the closet getting into a casual dress, I went back into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup and that's when I see Dex in a towel, he comes behind me holding my waist and putting his head in the crook of my neck.

"You look beautiful" Dex says, "I haven't even started with makeup" I say brushing my hair, "with or without make up you are beautiful", "you are such a flirt" I state, "just for you" he winks going to get ready in some clothes. I roll my eyes, but deep down I know that I am definitely flustered.