CHAPTER TWO

A girl comes out with a baseball bat and nails in it. "Fuck you scared me, what are you doing home?" she says

"I see you still have the weapon from when we were kids" Dex says as he walks behind me, his hands on my shoulders, "you still haven't answered my question" she says looking at me, she seems like a teenager maybe 15, 16?

"Well, I'm starting online classes, and something happened" Dex says to the girl "what your one-night stand got pregnant?" she says pointing to me.

"Evelyn" Dex says cautiously, as if she is in trouble, "What? Who is she then" Evelyn I'm assuming, asked.

"Ashley, this is my pain in the ass sister Evelyn, Evelyn this is Ashley, a girl I met." Dex says.

"a girl you met and got pregnant?" Evelyn asks "Holy crap sometimes I just want to strangle you" Dex says as he walks me upstairs.

"Come on amour, ill show you our room" Dex says, at this point I've said nothing, but we are sharing a room?

We both walk upstairs, "so umm this is our room, I hope your okay with it, I mean if you want another ro-" I cut him off "what no! I'm fine with sharing a room. with you" I say way to quickly

"Right okay, umm you should dry up though" he says chuckling "I should but um, I don't have spare clothes..." I say looking at him

"You can use my clothes" Dex says straight away "I can't use your clothes" "yes you can" "I can't" "ill get your things after this" "or we could both get it now?" "EVELYN" Dex screams, "what are you doing" I whisper to him.

"What's up" Evelyn comes up "you got any clothes for Ashley?" Dex asks "ok I'm not going to fit in any of her clothes, let alone ask for it, don't worry about it Evelyn" I say smiling to her "ok..." she says "no Evelyn get your ass back here and give her some clothes" Dex insists "umm ok" She says "wait Evelyn no don't worry about it, Dex is just being an idiot" I say smiling at her "umm so a no for clothes?" Evelyn asks, "No" "Yes" me and Dex both say, "I'll take that as a no" Evelyn says smiling at me.

"Ugh" Dex groans "calm down we can go in your car and get it, plus I left my car there it's a win, win" I say smiling at him, "fine" is all he said before walking downstairs and telling Evelyn that we were leaving.

We had finally got to the apartment complex. I started playing with my fingers scared to go in, Dex grabbed my hand and held it.

"It's going to be fine; I'll be with you because I need to grab my things as well, it's a quick in and out" he said with a reassuring smile.

We walk in and Dex knocks on her door "don't you have a key?" I ask "I do but I left it inside" he says looking at me.

The door opens. Adam. "What the fuck do you want" he says rudely.

"I just need to get my things" I say looking at the floor, "well hurry up I don't have all day".

We walk in as I hear him mummer something under his breath, "bitch" "what did you just call her?" Dex says in a demanding tone "Dex" we hear someone say, "let it go", Jessica "Don't you fucking tell me to let shit go, I thought you were going to help Ashley through the break up, but instead you decided to mess shit up with her-" Dex looks at Adam and continues.

"And you, you just left her, after all she's done for you and the fucking mess she went through with her parents just to be with you, and make YOU happy. But you know be the dick you are and hook up with her best friend instead" he says.

"Dex stop you said it was going to be in and out" I say, he leaves and walks with me upstairs.

"You almost started a fight" I say looking at him, he doesn't respond "are you going to talk to me?" no response again "Dex" again no response, "fine, at least tell me when you're done" was the last thing I said before I went in my old room packing everything I brought when I first broke up with Adam.