𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
14. I Have You
SEASON 02 EPISODE 09
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Adrenaline is the only reason I can think of to explain as to why I can't feel the pain shooting up and down my arm. It pulses slightly, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would've been. The injury bleeds profusely, but the bleeding stops moments after a thick piece of fabric from my shirt wraps around it.

The stinging prodding across my arm pushes a bit of fear within me; the adrenaline is starting to wear off.

"You've gotta head back.. You'll bleed out and die." Lori whines while looking l down at me, "It needs to be stitched up, Kendall." She yaps on and on— ever since we left the car behind.

"I can't go back." I mutter, wincing as my arm swings front and back, "I won't."

I can't continue listening to her nag me about leaving; it's a useless idea, and it'll only make this journey more dangerous for each of us. I sigh loudly, stopping her from begging me to turn around. In my uninjured arm I swing my crowbar back and forth, slightly ignoring her presence. I flinch as she leans over and locks fingers with me, making sure to hold it with a gentleness; and strangely, I find comfort in it.

I gulp, gripping her hand tightly, "Um, I didn't mean to bitch about bringing me, but Glenn is all I have." Huffing, I say, "He took me in and treated me like his own family when he didn't have to. Glenn saved me.. and if he ever needs me to, I'd sacrifice my life every damn time."

"I don't think he's want that." Lori tells me, "I think—" Before she can finish, she's cut off by the sound of me sighing over her.

Pressing my lips in irritation, I open my mouth to say, "It's not about what he wants. His life is worth so much more than mine."

A pause. A very long, pregnant pause between us tells me everything I already know. His life matters more than mine; what I said is right. I release a breathy laugh, leaning my head back and looking up at the moon as my laugh turns into a more prominent, louder one. As I laugh blinding lights shine unto our eyes, causing us to squint and turn.

A truck slowly rolls near us.

Lori turns around, squinting and covering her eyes, but I continue walking. I ignore the man getting out of the truck, completely, my mind only on one thing— Glenn.

"You both alright?" The man asks, his voice loud and annoying.

"I'm okay, but Kendall's.." The brunette trails off, causing me to turn around and narrow my eyes at her.

It doesn't stop me from walking though.

"You're not fine." Shane harshly cuts her off, rushing forward, "I saw the wreck."