𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
46. He And She
SEASON 06 EPISODE 12
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
third person point of view

"A nephew or niece." She says, grinning while staring at the black and white picture clenched in her hands. "As if I am really your sister?" A soft laugh puffed from her lips.

"You are my sister, Kendall. And the picture is yours." Glenn tells the young girl, wrapping an arm around his wife and bringing her in closer.

"I was gonna keep it anyways, but thank you." Kendall nods cupping her brother's cheek and pressing a kiss on it before pulling back to do the same to Maggie. "Is this picture some, uh, going away thing? 'Cause you're not gonna be gone for too long.. are you?"

"No." Maggie responds, glancing at Glenn for half a second. "No, we'll be back by nightfall."

Kendall narrowed her eyes at the both of them before turning away, reaching into her bedside drawer and pulling out clear tape. Maggie and Glenn watch as she crosses her room, sticking the photo on the wall right beside the entrance of her bathroom. "Thank you.."

"We're gonna come back, Kendall. So.. don't worry too much, alright?" Glenn assured her, placing a hand over her shoulder and patting. "Alright?" She nods.

"Alright."

LATE NIGHT ENDEAVORS

The silence, though it was never really silence, is interrupted by the thundering sound of steps. The wood which lay flat underneath the palms of her hands vibrates; catching each and every one of the footsteps coming her way. Her eyes couldn't stray away from sky, pink and orange, and yellow hues dancing amoungst it all while the clouds pull apart to evaporate into nothing. The vibrations stop, and somehow she was too focused on the world above her that she hadn't noticed.

A gentle tap on her shoulder caused her eyes to drop, dragging her chin downward and locking in on the two teenagers standing in front of her. Jeremiah and Kass. "Jere and I are gonna wait at home for Kareem and Messiah, okay?" Kass nods, leaving before Kendall could even speak.

"Uh, okay." Kendall whispers under her breath, watching as they go. "Are you just gonna stand there and watch me like some creep or will you sit with me and watch the sunset?" She taps the spot beside her while asking the boy, turning to her side and glancing at him from the corner of her eye.

"Yeah." Carl sighs. "I was gonna anyway."

"Were you?" She questions with a teasing grin, tilting her head at him.