𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
19. Crushes & Walker Bites
SEASON 03 EPISODE 02
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Carl has a noticeable crush on Beth. It was annoying and it irked every single nerve in my body every time he sent her a glance and flushed when they locked eyes. It became even more obvious when he was playing around with the armor the group found; the helmet slipped from his head his eyes immediately found Beth's, a smile working on his lips. The crush was stupid and it was never going to happen anyways, she was like old and he was only thirteen.

"You have a crush on Beth and it's weird." I scoffed, my arms crossed over my chest as I sat atop of the bottom of my bunk bed, swinging my feet back and forth. The boy turned to face me with a glare, hands over his hips.

"I don't have a crush on her." He squeaked out.

"You do." I sighed, my eyes glancing at every corner of his figure. "It's so friggin' obvious and so annoying."

"Well..." Carl trailed off, shaking his head and scoffing when his cheeks began to flush with heat. "She's pretty and she's, like, the only girl here I can crush on."

"I mean, I'm a girl, Charles."

"Yeah... but you're my best friend."

"I'm still a girl you can crush on..." I say, fiddling with my fingers, letting out a deep breath. "I mean, evidently, I am well within your age and we have a lot more in common. I guess we're close to sharing the same intelligence..." I trail off, narrowing my eyes at him. "Uh... not the same intelligence but we are the same age."

"Are you jealous?"

"No." I cross my arms and scoff at him. "I was just saying." I mumbled, a small pout rolling on my lips as I spoke.

"Do you have a crush on me, Ken?" Carl continued to tease me and it did nothing but annoy me and make my cheeks flush of embarrassment.

"I have a crush on your dad." I answered him matter-of-factly, with a deadpanned expression; he couldn't tell whether I was joking or not. It freaked him out, we were just there staring at each other with narrowed eyes.

"Are you joking?" He scoffed at me.

"Am I?" I questioned back, quirking a brow challengingly.

"It's not funny."

"I'm not laughing."

"You suck." He let out an uncomfortable chuckle, his eyes still narrowed at me. He was still trying figure out whether I was joking. I was, of course. (I wasn't.)