𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
45. Damsel In Distress
SEASON 06 EPISODE 10
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
(mentions of SA)

In the corner of the bathroom, he stiffened with an uneasy frown; his eyes flashing between my hands, which held fresh bandages for him, and
face. Though it's been weeks since the incident, and of me being the one to change his bloodied bandages, he still feels uncomfortable with me doing so.

"Carl.." I sigh, pointing at the closed, cleaned toilet seat. He listened, but the look in his eyes begged for it all to stop; he recoiled as I grew closer and closer, I practically stood over him now. "You know that I would never judge you, right?" I question, pausing my moves to stare down at him.

"Mm." He hums unconvincingly.

Nodding my head solemnly, I reach forward to unravel his worn out bandages. Carl breathes anxiously, rubbing his palms up and down his pants before clutching the material; when the bandage was off he looks away, hiding it from me.

He does it each time. It never fails.

Without thinking, I reach for his cheek, smiling softly while turning his head to face me. Before he could turn away again I lean in and press a light kiss on the skin above his wound; moving lower slightly, with my lips brushing across his skin. A deep, guttural sigh leaves his lips when my lips touch his scar.

"Kendall—"

"I.. I love you." I tell him, standing up straight again. "And your scar shouldn't be something you're embarrassed about. It means you lived, you survived, and that I didn't lose you, okay? And that means that we have another chance, right?"

The pads of my fingers were first to caress the dirt of his grave; my other hand grazing across the, now stomped-on and dead, flowers left on his grave from my last visit. More of the same flowers are neatly tucked into my back pocket, waiting to give his grave the honor and beauty deserved. But first, "I should've paid attention more.. I should've said something to you after what happened in the garage. I could've saved you, Ron. I could've done more, but I didn't. I failed you, and I'm so sorry." Reaching for my pocket and grabbing the flowers, that have yet to die, I sigh before placing them on top of his grave. "I'm sorry." I say again.

"You're apologizing to a corpse, you do know that, right?"

Her.

I sigh and roll my shoulders before standing up and facing her with a plain expression. "You're not allowed to be outside the walls." I mumble, crossing my arms. "And you aren't supposed to be here either."