𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
37. Reunions & Auditions
SEASON 05 EPISODE 12
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The steel walls of Alexandria intimidates me; this new beginning, this new place, it scares me. The walls loom over me like a shadow, and even with the gates opened I still can't seem to shake away this tension.

With Aaron saying, "Come on in, guys." I blink, snapping back into reality. I follow as the group starts to walk, trailing behind Aaron. The gate's closed when the last of us steps inside, that being me. "Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons."

"Stay, hand them over." Some unfamiliar man, in a tan shirt, says.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick says.

"It's fine, Nicholas." Aaron says, nodding at the man behind himself.

"If we were gonna use them, we would've started already." Rick tells Nicholas, ever-so-slightly tilting his head.

"Let them talk to Deanna first."

"Who's Deanna?!" Abraham bellows from the back of the group.

"She knows everything you would want to know about this place." Aaron answers. "Rick, why don't you start?"

Rick turns to look at us, over his shoulder, as if he were asking for our opinion but he stops when his eyes caught a walker in the background. "Sasha." He called, gesturing toward the upcoming walker. Sasha didn't say anything. She turns and aims. A single shot is all Sasha needs; a single shot and it was down. "Good thing we're here." Is the last thing he says, walking away while the gate closes.

MY AUDITION TAPE

Uncomfortable is an underwhelming word to describe how I feel at the moment, but I couldn't think of another word. In a comfy sofa chair, across a leather couch, with my hands laid in my lap and legs criss-cross, I wait for Deanna.

In anxiety I repeatedly tap my feet against the ground, fidgeting as I stare at her fresh and polished floors.

"Hello." I jump at the sudden sound of an unfamiliar voice. "I'm Deanna Monroe." I nod, barely sparing her a glance. "Do you have a name?" She asks when I refused to speak to her.

"Kendall Bennett."

"Pretty name." Deanna compliments, and once again, I nod. "Can I record our talk?"