CHAPTER 5

At the studio many, students were getting ready, revising their scripts while others organized the setting.

Kelvin had just arrived, he looked for Alice and before long he saw her talking with Mr. Maduka who is their acting director.

"Hi." he touched her shoulders and she turned around, he could see  her breathe of relief. She had looked for him all over the place.

"Hi, you are here." She smiled at him.

After leaving the love garden, Kelvin hadn’t picked up Alice’s phone calls nor called back. Alice knew Kelvin was hurt by Victor’s words, and wanted to at least pacify him. However, when his ego was trampled on, Kelvin would rather hide than seek comfort.

Whenever he hides away,  way Alice can’t  find him no matter how hard she tries, he  would ignore her calls until he calmed down.

After trying to find him  for a while, Alice had to send him a text to meet at the studio, she thought he wouldn't come so now that he showed up, it only meant that what Victor said didn't hurt him that much.

"I am trying to revise my script," she continued with a sweet smile, hoping to initiate a conversation, but he just nodded, she felt  disappointed.

It looks like he wasn't in the mood for talking.

Before Alice could initiate another topic, Mr. Maduka called her to get into position, she hated Mr. Maduka that instant, what a bad timing.

"I think we need to get to practicing now, see ‘ya." she turned quickly and left while Kelvin just smiled.

The practice had started.

The scene they were practicing was one of the last scenes, the female lead had gone to make  a deal with the mythical beast in other to appease him and end the calamities, but the beast misunderstood her intentions and pounced on her while the female lead curled in a corner, afraid for her life.

The demonstration continued but at some points Kevin's nightmares started reoccurring like hallucinations. He was mixing the demonstration and his  imagination,  imagining himself in the character and the beast after him.

He snapped out of his hallucinations and left instantly, he was very scared wondering if he was just imagining or if he actually dreamt about his nightmares while fully awake.

A few moments later.

Alice and Kelvin chatted while they walked towards the love garden, they had gone to grab some snacks after the practice. Kelvin had a bottle of water while Alice had a carbonated drink and biscuits.

" So how was my performance today? Hope I improved? ” Alice asked with big doe eyes,  expecting a positive response.

" Yeah, you did very much better   than the last time."

" yes! "   Her face broke into a big smile at the compliments. Kelvin couldn't help smiling at her reaction as well. He didn't stay until the end of the demonstration but for the few seconds he watched, her performance had improved  more significantly than few days ago.

Alice’s performance fell  when Kelvin dropped the role, you can say that her passion  died so Kelvin was very happy seeing her improving again.

" Do you know that because of this drama I have ventured into anceint fictions, Kelvin you won't believe how interesting these novels are," she started once they sat down.

" These fictional beings are so interesting to read about, all about their lives, how they live, interact through mind links, how they mark their mates instead of normal marriage, and how they can transform from humans into beasts and wolves that have furs, how their eyes can look so shiny and scary when they are angry... "   Alice went on and on but instead of Kelvin getting bored as usual he was paying attention to her.

Kelvin was not a fan of web novels but somehow what Alice was narrating felt familiar with him like he used to see or  read about those things. He  shook his head pushing the thought at the back of his head, perhaps it was because of his constant nightmares.

" But Alice, do you think there is a possibility that those creatures exist  in real life?

This question made Alice  give him a weird look,

" Where? All those things are fiction that's why they are called fiction Kelvin. " she replied  nonchalantly and continued narrating about the story that she was currently reading .

Finally, Kelvin got bored.