CHAPTER 14

Everywhere were in chaos, the night was chilly cold and filled with agonizing voices.

The wind is also blowing furiously breaking branches of trees and uproating some small trees.

Kelvin found himself in the same familiar place, this is his usual nightmare but today was different. The wind were threatening to blow Kelvin away with some dry leaves. The dust that follows the wind was suffocating and the small particles blinding him.

He tried finding balance for many times  but all in vain, he managed to stand up and set off running. The wind blocked his views but he just continued running. He ran until he came to a stop in front of a hut on fire. There were multiple cries coming out of the burning house, they were so loud that he had to cover his ears with his hands. He could see as they were trying to escape from the flames but none was able to leave. Blood was gushing out from the cracks of the walls.

" Are you just going to seat and watch us continue to suffer! A voice called out from the flames

" We have waited so long for you, aren't you going to save us already! " another cried.

" It's a coward that will continuously run away from his destiny! "

" You have to save us, we have waited for so long"

" Son of the Moon, It's time you stop hiding, we have waited so long!

"It is only a coward that continuously run away from his fate"

The voices continued over and over and over. Kelvin covered his ears, for some reasons their words were like swords hurting him, he could barely breath and his breathing became heavy. His legs were going weak and he fell to the ground still covering his ear and trying to fight off whatever was wrong with him...

Back to the physical.

Kelvin woke up sweating and breathing heavily. The outside was very dark and calm.

He sighed, it was not a surprise that it was the same nightmares however he had never had a version of today's own. He took a deep breath trying to calm down. He found his phone and flashed the touchligh, he opened a bottle of water and gulped it down in a go.

He looked at Alice sleeping peacefully, he envied her. It's been long he slept so peacefully without nightmares, these days he had become scared of sleeping most of the times.

He gently dropped the can of water, careful not to wake her up, just when he wanted to lie down again he heard a single sharp scream and then nothing.

He paused breathing to listen again thinking that maybe he had started hallucinating, he was almost about to conclude that he was hallucinating when he heard more and more screams.

Footsteps followed on as people were running helter, skeeter.

He quickly woke Alice but she was confused by the whole chaos happening around her, Kelvin had to shook her vigorously before she woke fully.

" Kelvin what's happening? Why is there noises...

" I don't know but we need to leave this place this minute " Kelvin grabbed their phones and guided them outside but he couldn't believe what he saw outside.

People were running in all directions shouting and crying, some had missing hands or any part of their body, there were blood everywhere. There were many beasts chasing people, the unfortunate ones that were caught by the beasts had their heads snapped followed by a splash of blood.

Kelvin thought he was hallucinating or he was still at the dream, he stood still, he lost every energy in him to move.

" Kelvin what are we waiting let's get out of here! Alice's scream brought him back to reality and he set out running dragging Alice with him.

The night was still thick, he don't even know where they were running to but he had to take Alice out this hell. He has a feeling that this whole thing was happening because of him, that explains why his nightmare suddenly started manifesting to the physical.

The noises behind hunted him as they ran deeper into the woods, he felt guilty, he wished he knew what to do.

He still can't believe that it's happening, perhaps he is in another dream.

***************************

Hello guys, am so sorry for not updating any chapter yesterday and for updating just one chapter today.

The past 3 days has been very hectic for me. Am currently sorting out my accommodation at school doing the whole clearance stuffs and all.

It's not easy to write because each day I come back late and very tired then the next thing is sleeping off.

Thank you for following my story, also don't forget to vote and leave your comments.

Love you all 🥰