CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3

One the busy campus of UAO Kelvin is seen walking leisurely with earphones on. The streets were almost crowded with people of different colors, faces and shapes, especially the ladies.

It was a Tuesday morning; the week is still young so the large number of students going here and there  on the streets is unsurprising.

Monday to Wednesday are known to be the busiest days of the week while the rest are less busy, you can relate if you are or were once a student. The vibes to go to classes decreases with each day every new week.

Every other person was rushing but not the too handsome prince, Kelvin strolled like someone without worries but his mind was filled with the dream, the reoccurring one.

"Ouch!" A tiny voice interrupted Kevin's train of thoughts.

He looked down and was met with an angry feminine face, they had knocked into  each other and her bag fell,  spilling its contents across the place.

" Oh my God, I am so sorry! "  Realizing what he had done, he quickly bent down and started picking up the books.  He was expecting her to join him, but she didn't.

"I Am really sorry, I... "  Before he could finish  his apology, she took the bag from him and left furiously.

Kelvin sighed  and continued on his way. “Different shades of human BEINGS.” he thought internally, trying not to mind the girl’s behavior.

This is one of the parts he hated about coming to school, having to trek down to his department from the school gate, having to bounce on people, and having to deal with some mentally unstable people.

He was more than relieved to see the building with the tag "DEPARTMENT OF THEATER ARTS AND FILM STUDIES". At least people were fewer here as he went in.

He greeted few people as he sauntered into the building and to his class. From the door, he could already hear Mr Maduka's voice.

"So, class, I think we have covered almost everything we need to talk about"

He wasn't surprised to still found him in the class 4 hours after Alice notified him that the class was about to start. He was even happy he missed the class because by now his buttocks would have been sore from prolonged sitting.

Mr Maduka is a man that can't do with being in the class even if there is nothing for him to teach. He particularly enjoys being in the class teaching or communicating with his students, none of his classes has been less than 3 hours and recently it was becoming worse.

The past few months, Mr Maduka has been more frequent to their class with the reason that he handles their finalist project but everyone knows that wasn't the only reason, the old man was already missing their class even before they graduated.

" I think now the door can be closed as the highest late comer has arrived," Mr. Maduka saw Kelvin before he could sneak into the back seat leaving him no option but to walk to the front straight.

"Good morning Mr Maduka".  Kelvin greeted trying to force a bold smile which came out nervous, he quickly sat on the nearest available seat.

"Kelvin, why did you come late?”

"I overslept, sir. Sorry, "

" Same old story every day." This got the whole class laughing.  “Will you  remove  those earphones before I them and crush it to the ground!  I still wonder how you are always the best student when it's very obvious that you don't take anything seriously in your life."

The class erupted into laughter the more.

Even Kelvin too sometimes wonders how he can do that. He understands anything he reads at first glance. He obediently removed the earphones which he had  forgotten he was wearing.

"So, class the lecture ends here. Please make it to the studio before 3pm especially those with the main character roles.  We don't have time again and we still have a lot to learn about. See you all then." He carried his bag and left.

The students started leaving too.

Kelvin was looking around trying to find someone when a soft hand covered his eyes. He smiled, even without having to guess he could tell the person that did it.

The soft hand, as small as a child's own and the familiar feminine perfume was all he needs to tell who it was.

"Alice stop, don't play around."   he gently removed the hands and dragged her to his front. Alice broke into a smile but soon stopped feigning annoyance.

" So Mr. Late Comer, what exactly do you think we can do to cure this  incurable late-coming disease of yours?.

Kelvin smiled  at her expression.

" Kelvin, do I look like am here to laugh with you huh?” Her expression was scary, like a dragon that’s about to breathe fire..

At this point, Kelvin couldn’t hold it in anymore and broke into laughter, but he soon realized his mistakes, she’s really about to  breathe fire now.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. Your face is too adorable when you make that expression. " Kelvin tried to pacify her but she wasn't buying it.

"OK I am sorry Alice  but can we talk about this later? I am hungry now ok? Despite her reluctance, Kelvin managed to drag her out of the class.