CHAPTER 10

The front Department of theater arts was buzzing with noises as the students all arrives at the venue for departure.

Two long bus was packed at the corner as they all pack their loads inside, friends were making space to stay together while others were calling their friends to make them hurry up. The air was warm with their excitements, you can imagine the feeling of finally getting to practice your profession even if it was for a project.

Mr Maduka would tell them that if the movie was a hit then it would serve as a portfolio for most of them in landing their first job on the movie industry after graduation.

Kelvin arrived few minutes to the departure time, he found an empty corner and put his loads, he also didn't forget to make space for Alice close to himself. He wondered what was keeping her yet.

A few distant from the busy pack stand a flashy black car. Alice and Jacinta were inside the car still saying good byes.

"Honey, I have a bad feeling about this, not that I can stop you now but at least let inform your dad about this" Jacinta opted restlessly

" Mum please can you not tell dad? You know what he would do, he would send security on me and you know that's the last thing I need in my life. Please mum, am not the only one going you know that"  Alice took Jacinta's hands pleadingly

Jacinta looks troubled and uncomfortable with the whole arrangement but she understood Alice, Alice was one of her children who hates being bound by securities or receiving special attention because of their parents social status. She hated that they could not protect Alice the way they want without mentally suffocating her, she understands the feelings because she was once like that.

" OK but you know that am agreeing to this with conditions. Call home every day, speak with your dad every day so that he won't suspect anything and finally take care of yourself and make sure you are safe, please honey"  Jacinta was almost going emotional and Alice couldn't help laughing at her motherly behavior.

" It ok mum, I will be safe. I love you" they embrace each other in a warm hug.

" OK now let's go, carry your loads. I need to talk to Mr Maduka" with this Jacinta exited the car and left leaving Alice with a  mouth hanged open.

" Mum aren't you going to help me carry these?

" No honey, I didn't you tell you to pack thousands of bags just because you have a boyfriend to feed too!   Jacinta shouted from a distance not even looking back.

" Mum seriously! Alice sighed helplessly, she exited too and started bringing the bags down from the back seat. Looking at the loads she pouted, she would go like three times before all these bags will be gone.

" Hey "  she met Kelvin at entrance of one of the busses. She took a breath of relief seeing Kelvin at least she wouldn't have to carry all the loads by herself.

Kelvin guided her to where he had made space for them.

" you would have asked for help with carrying these bags" Kelvin scolded her as he settled the bags under the seats.

" My mum brought me today instead of my driver but she won't help me, she is talking with Mr Maduka" Alice defended with a pout.

At the front of the Dean's office Jacinta is seen talking with Mr Maduka, Alice would swear that she was giving Mr Maduka stern conditions  and warnings to look after her.

" It OK, I will help you carry the rest" Kelvin offered and Alice couldn't be any happier. They set off to the car.