CHAPTER 29

The day is gloomy and calm almost like the trees of the forest understands what day it is, none was swaying to the wind or maybe the wind is also ceased to honor the day too.

The field was filled with people many with ray of hope mixed with fear.

Lucan had the captives, the students and the soldiers that are still alive tied down each from head to toe to remind Kelvin of his prices and of course to install fear in him.

The two men, an uncle and a nephew stood at the field facing each other with their swords. Even though they would likely not need the swords, their nails and nanines is enough but it's still part of the ethics of a combat.

Kelvin looked back and his eyes met the reddened eyes of Alice, she had been crying since the night before. All her face are swollen and she looks visibly downcasted. He pities the naive girl who had only had her eyes for him and now about to loose him. He tried smiling at her but failed miserably, he can't, not in this situation.

He had promised her that he would return but deep down himself he knew that was only giving her hope. He would try his best but the question is if his best would be enough to take down the beast who killed his own brother because of envy and quest for power.

He looked at his mum who however have refused to cry as he had assumed, he was grateful though seeing her this strong. It relieved him that even if anything should go wrong she would perhaps be able to survive. She gave him a small sad smile which instead of warming his heart broke his heart.

The woman has suffered enough emotional pains and the fear of adding to her miseries crushed his heart painfully that he was barely breathing. He painstakingly tore his eyes from them and face his opponent, if he was going to win then he should put away all the emotions and focus all his energy in doing his best.

"So pup, done with seeing them? I think you should stare more after all it would be the last time you would see their faces. Go on I will grant you that" Lucan started immediately Kelvin turned back to him.

" I agree that am ruthless but not heartless enough to deny a pup from seeing his loved one for the last time" he continued and complemented it with a mocking laughter.

" Now listen to me people of Jukan Clan. Today am going to officially combat with your acclaimed king and take the throne the official way. After today you all should see and respect me as your king and that is final. This combat is a one on one and if anyone intervene then I promise you there will be blood feast here!   He continued with the announcements and rule looking Monica's way.

Of course it's her child they are taking about and she is a witch, no mother would watch her child die in her face without intervening so Lucan was right by making these rules to remind people that he have by his side a black witch who can distroy the whole place if anyone intervenes.

Kelvin is afraid  too about his mother intervening.

When Lucan was done with his announcements the drum of War began, surprisingly Kelvin is not even scared as he approached his uncle who already bear his canines. His face wore hatred which reflected in the punch he threw at Kelvin's abdomen sending him flying into the air.

Kelvin hit the ground hard and before he could process his balance another puch landed at his mouth sending him flying again. His mouth felt warm and the metallic taste told him that he was bleeding in the mouth probably already lost a tooth or more.

Lucan's loud laughter resounded the whole arena mocking his miserable state. He stood up facing him as he continued laughing.

" Pup come on, fight back!  He roared as he launched toward Kelvin but missed with a punch landing on his neck.

He roared and immediately turned into a huge brown wolf then launched at Kelvin again and this time his claws scratched his face and tore his cloths along.

Kelvin followed suit transforming into a midnight black wolf roaring into the sky and the fight  between the two erupted.

The air was filled with growls as the two wolves attacked each other with almost an equal aggression. Furs flied as they scratched and attacked each other with their canines. Dusts filled the air almost blinding the audience.

Just like her fear coming true the brown wolf was having the upper hand, Alice couldn't control the tears streaming down her face. She had dreaded this moment and now it is happening. The black wolf was covered in blood and was barely fighting back.

She looked over at Monica and for the first time her eyes where shining with unshed tears but she wasn't doing anything.

Alice was chocked with anger that she could hardly breath, she stormed toward Monica and grabbed her clothes.

" Are just going to watch! She screamed shaking her vigorously but she still kept quiet letting her shake her without any resistance. Her eyes were directed to a distance like she is spacing out but when Alice followed her gaze it landed on the lady who arrived with Lucan.

At that moment Alice understood, the best friend who suddenly turned to a black with in Monica's story.

" Are fucking going to let them off like that, he is killing him do something!   She continued shaking Monica but still she wasn't responding.

The fight was getting more bloody with each passing second and before long the bloodied black wolf stopped moving and turned back to Kelvin. His whole body was covered with scratch and blood that the skins were not visible anymore.

Alice couldn't believe her eyes, no one was doing anything.

" No!!!! Alice screamed lunging towards then and only then did Monica moved, she grabbed Alice holding her down.

Alice refused to believe that she wasn't dreaming, she screamed, shouted, kicked and even bit anything around her to get free but they held her down.

The brown wolf turned back to human with an evil smirt on his face, he was covered in blood too with scratches but not as bad as Kelvin.

" Dig a grave and burn his body inside it! "  he commanded and roared into the sky, a roar of victory.

Alice struggled to get out their hold but it was impossible as more women were now holding her down.

" is this really what fate is all about?  She thought. She wondered why fate would always allow bad people get away with their evils while allowing the good ones to suffer and die unjustly. 

Even in the human society she had seen the good ones who calls on God suffer while the evil ones live long continued prospering, she wondered why.

She had expected their moon goddess or whatever they believed in to come to their aid and deliver then but it looks like no one  knows the ways of the gods or their reasons. No one can advice them either.

She don't know what they did to her but her eyelids were suddenly getting heavy and the more she tried to fight it the more she was sinking deeper into the darkness until she finally blacked out.

*****************************

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

Hey there 😁

I know you must hate me now, I think I hate myself too for allowing the Male lead to die 😭

Sorry I crushed your hopes 💔.  However don't give up, who knows what will happen next so keep reading.

See you in the next chapter, love you and don't forget to vote  the after reading . You votes gives me vitamins 😊