CHAPTER 27

It happened just like a flash, one minute they were at Kelvin's house and the next second they were back at the forest. Alice was still surprised at teleportation even though she had experienced it before.
The last thing she remembered before they appeared here is Monica, Hazel and clovey chanting some words she couldn't fathom.

Early today Monica had made everyone a sumptuous meal in preparation for their journey, it almost felt like a last meal or sorts of because the table was calm as everyone ate in silence. The silence continued until Kelvin's mum cleared her voice and initiated a conversation, she suggested that Alice go home instead of going with them but Alice refused outrightly.

She had left her phone for like 4 days now and by now  her parents would be worried sick  and even must have sent out a search party for her and there is no way they are letting her go again if she goes home and leaving Kelvin at this point of his life is the last thing she would do.

Kelvin half-heartedly tried to convince her but she shunned him too. Even though he was saying that to keep Alice out of danger but his eyes blatantly betrayed him, they were screaming 'please stay with me'

"Kelvin don't even try, am going with you" Alice told him intently staring at his eyes. Kelvin didn't push further again, he grabbed her hands and gave it a small squeeze.

The rest of the meal passed in silent and after they finished they packed a few bags and left for the forest. Alice had heard Kelvin's mom saying that they would go to Joseph and they did appear at Joseph's room.

The old man was laying on his back on a bamboo bed inside his room shirtless. He was startled to see them and immediately stood up. His eyes instantly shine with hope, he hurriedly went down on one knee.

" My queen! Welcome back my queen!   He screamed but Monica instead run into his embrace.

" Joseph... " Monica was short of words as she tightly hugged her cousin. Joseph in turn engulfed her in a tight hug as the woman shed tears of joy and uncertainty.

" Monica, my queen I knew you would survive . Thank you for remaining alive"   Joseph released Monica from hug to examine her then embraced her again.

Alice was surprised to see the stone cold man (Joseph) showing emotions. After like 30 minutes the two were already done with their emotional reunion and now everyone was seated on the bamboo bed and some local stools in the room.

" Your daughter grew up so well and beautiful" Monica started after seconds of awkward silence. That was when Alice realized that the strong and rigid young lady that threw her out of the room the first day they were brought here was present in the room. She must have heard her father's voice and entered to see who he was talking.

Joseph smiled at the complement. "Why was your first guess that she is my daughter, she was born when you already left"

" I knew because she looks just your wife" 

"oh, yes she does. She also took from her, she is a wolf just like her" Joseph confirmed proudly.

" I guessed so too. How is she, your wife? Monica asked

Joseph's smile turned sad at this question. Joseph's first wife had died  while birthing the 3rd child. He remained unmarried for years until the inter marriage was approved when he met his wife who is a wolf however it looks like he was destined to live and die lonely.

" She is no more. She died at Lucan's hand few years ago when Lucan wanted to take our daughter into his army after he discovered that our daughter turned out to have most of the wolf blood in her"  he was trying to conduct himself as a man but the way his shoulders shake shows how vulnerable and broken that had left.