CHAPTER 15

The race was hectic and chaotic, students were running in all directions and in small groups. Each time the beasts stands in their way or snap a person's head, the group would diverge going different directions.

The screams coming from all directions was haunting Kelvin as he raced through the woods. He has can't believe that all those things were happening, they were supposed to be happening only in his dreams however by now he has finally started believing it was the true, hitting the trees many times because of the dark has proved that  this is real as each hit caused pains, in the dream one can't feel pains right?

He looked back at Alice and wondered how she was still sound and awake, with all the chaos going on normal Alice would have fainted. Kelvin knew how fragile she is in the face of crises, he had seen Alice faint many times when accidents happens suddenly in her presence especially the one that drews blood, she is very sensitive to seeing blood so Kelvin can't express how grateful he was that she was still awake and pushing.

The run continued throughout the night till morning but they were still yet to escape from the forest, it looked there was no exit as they kept finding themselves back to the starting point after running several miles.

As the morning was getting clearer they were all getting more tired and weak. Kelvin and Alice had 3 others among them, they got to point and decided to rest, everybody was tired that they didn't bother if they were still being chased. They all sat down under a tree, some lied down exhausted trying to catch their breaths.

​The other girl among them was crying to one of the boys among them, "I dont want to die, am my parents only child. I can't die yet"   she continued crying while the boy just cuddled her not even trying to reassure her. Kelvin could understand why he was not trying to reassure and give her, none of them is sure of the next minute, many people has been slaughtered in their face, nobody knows who is next.

"Kelvin I want to tell you something" Alice drew Kelvin's attention back. He nodded signaling her to go on.

"Kelvin I have been habouring this in my heart for long , it's been here from the first day I saw you" She held her hand to her left of her chest, Kelvin was lost about what she meant.

"Kelvin I love you, I have always had since freshman year. I don't know how you are going to take it but that's just truth"

Kelvin was not clueless about her feelings for him but he least expected her to confess first at least not here at this moment.

"I know that you may be wondering why I have to say this here but I need to get it off my heart, it's been there for long that it hurts so I need to get over it once. I may die the next minute but my ghost would be more at peace now that I have told you this" she continued

Kelvin was speechless, to be honest he loves Alice but his fear and inferiority complex hindered him, he also knew that Alice loved him too but he don't have enough courage to wish anything.

He knew that even if they should get together it would never end well for them and that would mean both of them getting hurt. Of course there is no way Alice parents would let them be together, as they say, the line of the rich and the poor is always parallel to each, they can never meet.

He had tried many times to separate himself from Alice but it was same as impossible for many reasons. Alice won't leave him Alice and he can't even leave too. He had tried raising issues with her and then ignoring her but the next day she came to his house and they made up.

He thought that he had escaped this moment, at their second year during their end year party. That night Alice confessed to him but he had faked drunk and asleep, he never talked about it and so did Alice.