CHAPTER 13

The night was calm but the air felt warm, the birds were chirping and nuctunal insects brooding in their various habitats. Admist the natural melodies from the birds, a quite footsteps could be heard.

A petite woman walks gently in the dark, her face was covered with a cloak while  her long dress swept the forest dry leaves as she moved gracefully.

She was moving towards a man, he had his back turned to her. She stopped few feets from him.

This man was way too bigger above an average human male, he has a tall, muscular and solid body. His dreadlocks hanged loosely behind him.

" I can't condone the happiness I feel at this moment. Letting loose entirely, the voices of agony as the preys run for their pathetic lives singing the sweetest melody in my ears, all these are what I have been craving for long. Who knows I would have it when I least expected it, do you feel this joy too?  The deep voice could be heard, he gradually turned and face the woman.

He had nothing covering his body except a piece of animal skin around his neck, it barely covered his glory. He had a very handsome face.

" My love I believe you know why I called you here? He continued as he walked towards the woman.

" You would close the portal for me, I won't want any of my preys to escape while I and my men hunt "

The woman looked up at him with a blank face, her face showed no emotion at all. She had a slit like eyes with deep black retinas.

" And what would I gain from that? The woman finally replied holding the man's gaze. The man smiled.

" What do you want me to do for you in return my love? The man asked in whisper, he rubbed her head as he walked closer to her.

" A child. Lucan let's have a child "

The man smirked, annoyance crawling up to his face as his jaw hardened.

" My love, you know that I won't agree to that. Why do you keep bringing it up?

" Then forget about your request, I will not grant it " the woman replied and turned to leave but the man grabbed her violently making her to face him again.

" You will do it, do you understand my love? The man gritted through his teeth as he squeezed her hand. She didn't even wince at the pain, she had grown used to it over the years.

They held each other's gaze for a while before he pushed her violenty to the ground and left.

He growled into the night releasing his angers and frustration, he hates being challenged by anyone.

He walked a small distance and paused, facing a group of men just a big as he is but a bit smaller.

" Are you excited about this hunt!

They all growled loudly in response in animal voices, one would be surprised that such noises were coming from humans.

" Now get ready let's visit the preys, remember two-third of them must be kept alive. It's not everyday you see such number of preys to feast on, we need to keep for tomorrow. Feast on a few and capture bring the rest as captives. Now let's go" he growled the more and they joined him, all making animals noises.

One by one they all transformed into beasts and set into the woods led by Lucan.

****************

Hello guys!

The story is about to take an interesting turn, keep reading.

Please remember to leave a review in the comment section for me, love you all.

Merry Christmas in addy 🥰