CHAPTER 17

Jacinta was restless pacing up and down, Mr Nwadike's call got her like this. She was not able to hear clearly what he was saying but she knew that there was problems.

She kept pacing while nervously trying his number over and over again but it was not connecting again.

" Debbie am finished, your father will hate me for this" she cried, hot tears rolling down her cheeks.

Deborah was nervous and afraid of the unknown but her major concern now was calming her mother down. Deborah is Alice's younger sister, she was one of Alice's siblings that enjoys the claustrophobic life of having security men and escorts havour around her all the time.

She was studying at a private school. She never understands Alice's choice of trying to be ordinary, to her she can trade anything to have this kind of world again in her next reincarnation. She appreciates the rich lifestyle.

She was surprised when she came home for holidays few days ago only to hear that Alice went to a forest for some project. She blamed her mother for allowing such but at this point she realized that blames won't do any good.

She suggested they tell her father but Jacinta was hesitant.

Jacinta kept trying the number and fortunately it connected.

"Hello hello Mr Nwadike can you hear me? JACINTA called out desperately but it looked like Mr Nwadike still wasn't hearing her.

" Her Excellency please send us helps, beasts everywhere. Many people has been killed. Please help us!  These where the words Jacinta was able to make out of the incoherent blathering of the man on the other side of the phone. She tried asking him questions but the line went dead again.

Jacinta's anxiety has reached the peak at this point, her whole being was shaking with fear and confusion.

"Mum let's tell Dad now, the earlier the better please! Deborah cried

" Deborah your father will hate, he will never forgive "Jacinta sobbed finally giving up on pacing about. She sat on the sofar and sobbed, regrets and helplessness was very visible on her voice.

Just then Mr Dennison entered the room, he had overhead their discussions from the door and decided to confront, there was really no secret between his family so he was really curious about what they are talking.

"Tell me what? He asked nobody in particular. Their silence scared him too, their family have a very friendly bond which makes it possible that they can literally tell each anything, he wondered what could be so heavy that they can't say.

" Daddy it's Alice, she went on a trip for some school project at a forest and now her lecturer is calling that something went wrong" Deborah started, she couldn't wait again.  The earlier something is done the better for the situation, she thought.

"Alice what? Mr Dennison was both surprised, confused and beyond enraged. He almost thought it's a joke because he just spoke with Alice the day before and she said she was just coming back from Class.

" I let her go without your consent, please am sorry" Jacinta continued sobbing, she refused to look her husband in the face.

Mr Dennison was speechless. He knew his wife's obsession about being ordinary, he was also aware that Alice inherited that from her but he least expected the both women to collaborate and send one to a damn forest.

" Honey please, I know that you want to scolded and blame me and you are right for wanting to do that but please not right now. Please save our daughter first, she can't die please. Mr Nwadike said they were being hunted by beasts, please do something I beg you! Jacinta held his cloth sobbing uncomfortably.

Mr Dennison looked down at her and sighed, she is right, the most important thing now is to save their child. Other things would be handled later. He breathed in and out trying all he could to calm down.

" Do you have the address of the place? He suddenly asked all calmed down unlike the storm Jacinta had imagined.

" I have it, Mr Nwadike wrote it and gave me the day they left " with this she ran off into the house in search of it, Deborah followed suit.

'Women! You would risk all your life to protect them only for them to constantly continue going into danger' Mr Dennison mumbled to himself as the anger start spiking up. He took a deep breath and brought out his phone.

"Hello DPO I want all the force men available in my house now, I have to find someone very important" he spoke in the phone in a monotone voice, he just wants to trash everything in sight out of anger. He is yet to under why Jacinta had this weird obsession, everybody would trade everything to experience the kind of life they have but yet she never really appreciates them.

Alice is just like her.

**************************

Hello guys, how is the Xmas celebration going on your end? I hope you are enjoying it too?

Am so sorry I haven't updated since, I was caught up with the season and was so occupied. I hope you would forgive me for that?

OK thank you 😊

So please vote after reading and most importantly don't forget to drop a comment for me. I need to know what you feel about how the story is going.

Thank you guys, I love you all 💋