CHAPTER 2

Kelvin came out from the bathroom to his ringing phone, even without checking the caller's name he could already guess who would call him so persistently so early in the morning.

The phone continued ringing ferociously and he had to take the call with wet hands, immediately a furious voice seeped out of the speaker making him take the phone away from his ears.

The voice is just as fierce as the owner’s.
When the first outburst was over, Kelvin took a deep breath and continued,

"Good morning Alice, my night was awesome, and yours?"

" Kelvin Maduka, why aren't you yet at class? Mr. Nicholas is about to start the class now. You know what, see you in class!"     A beep sound signified the other person hanging up.

Kelvin couldn't help smiling, it has always been this way every day and he enjoys it, who wouldn't enjoy two fierce women threatening his life every second?

Alice is Kelvin's long-time friend right from freshman year. She is a very petite girl but she was always the one with the biggest threats and you won't believe she is the one that gives the whole attitude. She has been one of the factors still driving Kelvin to live, together with Monica.

Even though those two women bother his life every second, he enjoys having them in his life, life is less boring with them around.
He kept the phone and got to dressing up as fast as he could.

Few minutes later, he stood in front of the mirror satisfied with his looks. Kelvin is one handsome guy, everyone would die for him. Both men and women.

His slim and solid body attract the boys who had always left hm disappointed on knowing that he is not gay while his fair looks drive girls crazy over him.

He posed different styles in front of the mirror before grabbing his  things and left.  This is one of the reasons why he is always late to class. Every day after dressing up he does some modeling in front of the mirror before heading out.

He met Monica setting the breakfast and singing at the same time. She does this every time singing while doing chores.
"Mom I’m going, see ‘ya"

She looked up with surprise. From her expression, you can tell she’s disappointed. She has always been like this each time Kelvin skips meals, especially breakfast because of his lateness. You could say it's just the motherly instinct to care for him and also the fact that she would have to eat alone that morning.

"Son at least eat a little. " she tried persuading him.

"Sorry mom but I’m late, Alice is already calling. " Kelvin hugged her and dashed out. He could hear Monica's voice asking him to greet Alice for her.

Kelvin grew up lonely with Monica as his only companion.

He doesn’t have any family members such as cousins or some extended family members like other people. At first, he questioned Monica about why but with time he stopped as she herself doesn't seem to know.

His father died some months before he was born according to Monica so his whole life was mostly spent alone, and he hardly made friends.