CHAPTER 11

The excitement was at another level as the busses set off. They had used the morning to pack and arrange the whole sets, customs and equipment, the class not a large one so everyone had a role to play on or off the screen according to their specialties. They made sure that nothing was left behind before finally leaving so there was joyous screams when they set off.

The trip is to a very distant forest in the northern part of the country, it took them so much research work to find such natural reserve that would best portray the story line of their script.

The extimate time of the journey is 48 hours or more so Mr Nwadike did not forget to remind them to make best of the time enjoying the journey.

The mood inside the busses for the first few hours was animated, the students sang together, took selfies, made videos and played games however within some more hours the mood dropped progressly. They got tired and retired, some read novels while others watched movies to kill time, most of them slept off too.

The first part of the journey was smooth but soon they entered the less developed places and villages it became bomby and stressful. The roads were filled with potholes and mostly untarred so car was literally throwing them around.

"Is this project really worth it? An exasperated Alice asked admist the throwing arounds. She was reading a novel but the constant rigorous movements wouldn't let her concentrate.

" I guess it is, even if it's just once space of job experience in your portfolio it's something for people like us that don't have any connections to climb the industry"  Kelvin replied apathyly, he was not enjoying the whole stress but he don't regret it.

This project is one of his hopes in getting into the industry after graduation. He made sure to show his skills in screenplaying the script. A girl in their class had written the story while Kelvin edited and screenplay it , he gave his best on the script and also hopes to play his role well.

Getting work after graduation was one of the greatest huddles youths faced but it was always known to be easier if one had a proven work experience as not many people would hire a novice, this was the main reason Mr Nwadike suggested this as their final year project.

"Sorry dear, I know it would be harder on a rich man baby doll like you but don't worry I will give you a massage when we get there" Kelvin replied faking concern when he was obviously teasing her, Alice rolled her eyes at that. Kelvin would always find a way to make jokes even at the worst situation.

The journey continued painstakingly with a drop after each 8 hours, at each drop they would all come out and stretch their stiffened muscles, ease themselves and then continue.

The journey lasted a bit more than 48 hours before they finally got to their destination. The first team that was sent few weeks back had cleared a large portion where they would reside for their stay there. The relief that washed over them at arrival was inexplicable, the feeling of seeing a stream where they can bath after 2 days was heavenly especially for the girls.

They took turns in bathing, the ladies went first then the males.

" Congratulations for making it here baby doll. At some point I thought that you were going to faint , it's a miracle that you survived it till here" Kelvin congratulated Alice as they were setting up their own yurt.

Alice rolled her eyes at him, actually Kelvin was not wrong she thought she might faint at some extents but she still held on and tried to act strong. She couldn't afford to break down in front of Kelvin if not she would have cried to Mr Nwadike to take her back to her momma.

The stress really took a toll on her and she can't wait to crash once they are done setting up the tent.