CHAPTER 23

Some months later I finally got to be joined with my soulmate, your father.

Our marriage was a one that attracted attentions and many dignitaries, the first ever marriage between a wolf and a witch. Kings graced the wonderful celebration.

That day was the happiest day of my life but unknown to what was about to come.

Few months into our marriage I had a sour experience which I never wanted to tell Alphred about. I caught Lucan peeping at me when am bathing.

After the first time I decided that if Alphred could conceal Kate's treachery just because he wouldn't want us to break up, then I could conceal this too but it happened again and then more frequent.

I tried all I could to keep the secret on one of the occasions he tried to rape me but fortunately Alphred came home just the right time. A huge fight broke between the two brothers which even involved heavily injuring each other.

After the fight Lucan left home. In spite of of Alfred's refusal we tried looking for him but all to no avail so we thought that probably decided to become a rogue.

****************************

(3rd person POV)

Kate walked through the thick woods anxious and afraid. It was cool evening, the weather was dull and looking worn-out, dry leaves covered the ground completely that you can hardly spot.

The place looked darker that it would look outside because the tall tears competing for sunlight covered the sky. Rays of the evening escaping the leave barrier from at the top of the wood illuminated the floor of the woods.

Kate have no idea why Lucan asked him to meet her here but she couldn't resist going to see him who knows, probably he would consider her feelings.

She was almost past the boundary when he saw him, he looked tartered and exhausted but his beauty still remained.

Kate wished she could hug and console him for she was sure that he was going through a lot now. She can't imagine how relieved she was to see him, she had felt her whole world come to an end when she heard that Lucan turned rogue and left home.

"Come", he asked her and turned around and left, Kate's shoulder sagged. He was always this cold on her talking to her on a monotone  and barely looking at her.

She followed him silently.

Lucan lead her to a cave, inside there were saw some other wolves. She was terrified and confused.

"You are safe" he assured her almost like he can read her thoughts.

" Without wasting much time let's get down to business" he walked to the end of the cave and sat down on a rock, he didn't even offer her a seat too.

" Kate I need your help. Am preparing a revolt against the throne. I have prepared enough wolves for myself but one thing was missing, I realized that we need a witch in the team"

Kate was shocked, she was raised to honor the throne no matter the crown bearer and it was recognized as a felony to betray or form a threat to the throne.

It was a sin unforgiving by the goddess and not to that about that revolting against the throne means dethroning Monica her best friend.

" It's fine if you don't want to, I won't force you to betray your friend" Lucan continued seeing the visible confusion on her face.

" But I wonder why you are always protecting her when it's obvious that she doesn't care about a low life like you, I mean she's got everything but you have none. What if I promise to marry you if I attend this victory am craving? He suddenly offered,

He had chosen Kate because she was the best person she was the best person for it. It's only a jealous strike heart that can do what he wishes for and the fact that Kate was head over infatuated with him was another important factor to luor her.

Kate couldn't believe her ears as she starred wide eyed at Lucan, this was the same man she has been chasing all her life but he wouldn't spare her a glance, 'Would he really love her if she did this for him?

Suddenly she thought that maybe Lucan had loved her all this while but the presence of Monica had been overshadowing it, anger rushed through her body.

Right from childhood Monica had always had everything easily even without trying but her's was always different, she always struggled for everything just like the way she is struggling for Lucan's love.

She envied Monica, envied how she came from a very prestigious family, how she inherited the great the great talent of her lineage, how she effortlessly found love, how Alphred loves her and how the whole clan respected her. She suddenly hated Monica for everything.

Lucan smiled seeing the reaction his catalyzing words are taking in her, the hatred he needed was metamorphosing just how he wants it. His smiles grew broader when Kate spoke,

" What do I need to do?

He smiled larger, she needs to do many things and many of them was starting with learning black magic.

It's very obvious that her strength was not any match with Monica so it would be stupid to attach with the level of strength she poses. Defeating Monica could only be done through one means, resurrecting the black magic that has been deeply buried in her her for long.

Lucan did his investigation well, Kate's mother was a very heartless woman who despite the dangers had ventured into black magic using humans for sacrifices until karma caught up with her.

She was burnt alive when her evil deeds was discovered, then Kate was only 13 but he was 90% sure that the selfish women did initiate her naive daughter into the black magic before she died.

" Kate dear, we would start somewhere. You need to resurrection the black magic in you"

Kate froze