❄️Just how❄️

Tapping my feet in-patiently lightly on the marbled flour, I keep taking glance at my wristwatch just to be sure the time was going by, but it only seemed other wise it wasn't even up to a minute.

This was making me frustrated already, within ten minutes of arriving I have finish up the second glass of mojito.

I couldn't wait for Zahra to arrive just so I could narrate the tale that happened the day after, I still couldn't believe or even wrap my head around anything I couldn't even believe it, it was as though a mere dream and I was going to wake up from whatever dream it was, it wasn't even up to a day and I was already receiving calls more like threats.

Just wow, and admits my thoughts, Zahra made a noise pulling me out of my thoughts, "you seemed out of it"

She paused looking for a right word to describe the situation I was in but found none, making her settle on those that odds she uttered.

"You just can't believe it, because am still having it hard to do same"

I said in a ramble because she seemed not to to get what I said in a rush, I was never one to speak in such a haste unless I was overly excited but here I was now the total opposite of what I was supposed to be, I was nothing near excited or the likes of it.

"You need to calm down, take a real deep breath and maybe sip something cool"

She suggested which the breathing really did a good good keeping me cool until I was drawing the last sip of the orange juice she had the waitress brought to us, that I lost it yet again.

I felt unease and before you know it I was already coughing uncontrollably and thanks the heaven I had gulped down the content in my mouth maybe I had problem taking it in toward the right direction due to the thoughts I was having.

"Rahil, whatever it is that's buttering your isn't worth you almost choking yourself to death please"

Zahra scolded, after my outburst I was okay I think because I wasn't coughing any longer yet I was eyeing the water brought to me by the waitress to help me calm warily, I wasn't going to take anything again to avoid history repeating itself I assured myself.

"So what is it that's making you like this"

Zahra asked seeing I wasn't ready to talk I anymore, I was only trying to keep my calm.

"I don't even know what biggie take me for, you couldn't even believe it"

I said still not believe it, just yesterday we where Cool this morning I was having someone calling me just to pass silly threats, I thought but couldn't bring myself to say it to Zahra.

"You know who biggie is, do you need anymore evidence to make you steer clear from him"

I exhaled, Zahra was making this seem bigger than it already is I thought. She was supposed to calm me down and not warn me also against him.

How was I going to steer off him with the way I love him just how, was it my fault to love him this much, I keep trying to stop but I couldn't and with the thought I felt tears forming in my eyes I wasn't going to cry over this I said to myself more like promised myself pulling up my big girls pant.

"Mermerh called to warn so I could stay away from her boyfriend could you just imagine"

I said not even imagining it, "wow, then you should better call biggie to warn her to stay away from you and that's whatever is between you too is long over"

Zahra voice raised at the end, it was as though we switched places and she was the one ranging instead of me, I was still in shock since when I receive the call up till now it was just so out of it.

Maybe I should just give up on what ever it was I was holding on to, was I even holding on to anything I thought, I was just scared, and I wasn't ready to move on.

"Ya rabbi" I uttered unconsciously, this was just it what I had been avoiding was finally happening I felt the salty taste of tears in my lips which only meant one thing I was crying over biggie I love him that much and I have to let him go I just have to.

And my heart hurts a lot it was as though I couldn't breath I felt as if I was dying.

"Abdul you are such a deceit"

I heard Zahra voice going highly above it normal range, she was standing up for me something I still wasn't able to, I couldn't even face him I was just inside the car crying my eyes out even as everything was this chaotic, I was still having flashes of our memories how was I even going to live without all that more tears ran down, just how.

"You should stay away from Rahil, she's no match for you. And if you love her just as you claim then you staying away will be far better for her mental health please"

And it seem it's all over now
Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
17-7-2023