❄️mother wit ❄️

Ansar was giving me sleepless night and I kept tossing from one side of the bed to the other thinking about what he said.

He was right if not for zahra then maybe I would have considered him. But wait I was quick to sit up from my laying position, outstretched my hand to turn on the bed side lap.

Why was I even thinking about him,it was already morning I had no sleep last night knowing my upper and lower eyelids would be swollen and pale was something I couldn't escape.

And the bang came,"natashi" (am up) it was already a tradition I had already become used to, I wake up on my own but I never bring myself to pray which I don't even want to talk about the guilt was too much of a burden shoving the thought to the bin of my mind I set to do my skin care routine.

I got it just yesterday, after I was back from laylah house. She was coming over today I hope she comes late and finds the house empty well my way of getting back at her.

I wasn't going to let it slide but before doing that I knew how she would possibly blare it out to my mother and make her excited that I had finally gotten into another relationship again.

Well since after my breakup with biggie which was pretty bad I never got into any, well the last was zahra brother and it didn't last long even laylah wasn't much aware of it.

"Rahil won't you help in making breakfast" came the squalling voice of my mother from underneath the staircase, she was always loony.

And the day was moving by pretty fast, we where in a car sitting side by side with laylah and the driver in the front sit, the silent was intense as i busied my self with my phone to avoid any conversation.

"Rahil have you been avoiding me"

And I cringe internally this was it, it was as if I made up my mind to have this conversation done and over with just like I did with ansar.

"Laylah you know, am not one to talk unnecessary"

"But we mere exchanged greeting since I arrived".

"You shouldn't be talking to much because of your health"

I gestured at her prodding belly, then back to my phone. The action was to lighten up the mood which it did.

"Rahil am your only sister and I know you more than you do yourself, your holding back because of zahra and believe me she is already out of the picture"

Closing my eyes for a brief second then expiring out the air I took in seconds ago, I wasn't against the fact that I was holding back because of zahra but heck I have every right to.

"Put yourself in my shoes"
My words where mere and the depletion was all over me, why go over a topic on and on again.

"At least I won't bluntly turn him down, rahil I totally understood where you are coming from. But for once's put that girl out of the picture she did what she had to back then and your life shouldn't be dictated because of it"

"At least zahra shouldn't be regarded as that girl, not from you of all people. She did that to save her family I was sure you would do the same if you where in her shoes...."

"I won't have done that rahil, you won't have done that too only if she considers what she shared with ansar but she didn't why would he do same for her"

"I don't want to be in the middle of all this, zahra is my friend till the very last of this. And ansar will forever remain my in law, nothing less or more"

Layla chuckled making me wonder what it was she found amusing from what I said, she wasn't understanding me not one bit making me frown at myself. Wondering if there was something missing.

"You should talk to zahra about all this and hear from her"

She gave no room for me to add up to what she said by putting on her ear buds, making me rest back and wonder maybe I should actually do that and I did left zahra a message on we needed to talk.

We arrived at kaduna before noon, the house was filled to its brim. This was it I thought to myself muttering a snarl that was the biggest I could pull.

I couldn't wait to see my favorite brother the oldest and the first one, I missed him so much ya usaid I was already flying into his arms at the sight of him, he had become very huge and fat unlike the last time I saw him he was married without a child yet but I guessed his wife was pregnant.

They got married over a year ago and I lost tabs about there life because he stays in kaduna with his family.

His wife was around laylah age which I can't say we are close, well don't get me wrong there always this thing about your husband side of the family even thou she's supper close with laylah and also mama who treated her supper Nicely.

We preceded into the huge house which had multiple shoes by the door, it was enough to open a shoe boutique. Voices where all over as we neared the door.

Double update yeah
Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
20-2-2024