❄️Dread❄️

"Am not playing rahil, they just got us married you can call someone else and confirm am still finding it very hard to believe even though everything unfolded right before my eyes, you are now my lawfully wedded wife"

...

What he said went on playing on my ears like i didn't get what he said correctly, I couldn't even consider this happening to anyone but me.

"What!! did I just hear the wrong thing..."

I was skeptic from the muzzle I let out, it was utterly quiet from the other end as though thinking of a way to tell me it was all but a joke, wait ansar wasn't one to throw such joke making me queasy some more.

"I guess I should come pick you up"
It was as though he was asking for my permission rather than saying he would come get me,...

"But you just drop something on me don't you think your a bit unfair"

I was letting my restlessness take over, he better explain his earlier statement.

"Rahil I wasn't also expecting this but we got married am stil yet to believe it, even though it unveiled before my eyes everything you can confirm from Layla"

I let out a sick laugh, it was a joke for sure some very bad joke they will laugh so hard to my face but he didn't sound like it was a joke, if anything his voice was edgy and he was also not believing it.

"Wait ansar I don't understand this very confusing I think you should take a deep breath and maybe you would remember"

Well going off point was the only rational thing to do in situation I was, was this how all the people married feel after the announcement and all them I should at least be happy.

The call had ended and I found myself in tears not even the anxiety was getting me too hard and it wasn't helping, minutes passed by without me realizing it did until I felt a hand on my should.

"You shouldn't be crying and congratulations"

My cousin said to me with a smile I could sense that she was genuinely happy for me but it was only making me want to cry some more.

"Am scared what if all this turn out to be a huge mistake"

She signed after successfully stoping my tears with the wipes in her hand she pulled me in a warm embrace smoothing my back which miraculously calmed me down already my heart was still racing fast.

"You should pray rahil, just pray and leave everything to him your lord. Am sure everything will work out good"

And I noded my head at her words dragging me feet's back into the room with her hand in support behind my back, I extended into the bathroom and made wudu before praying two long rakkat pouring my heart out to my lord it was comforting and I was all better by the time I was done.

My other cousin where back into the room this time teasing the hell out of me but I did nothing other than smile and chuckled at them not believing I was married, what next I thought to myself.

The sound from my phone blocked all there noise, ansar was already here to pick me wondering how he got the address maybe it was laylah.

I knew there was so many things wrong with our relationship first I have dark secret I know will scatter everything, like ansar won't still like me after finding out about it.

He was with his friend or cousin I guess but I couldn't say which was right because it was first I was seeing him but he seemed like the bubble type teasing ansar about how he got a beauty making me blush so hard, I was expecting him to come alone at least so we could talk everything out on our way home but maybe we will.

The car ride was a silent one with the only sound from the car radio which was airing the evening news, pulling the car in the lots of my parent house, ansar exit the car as I did I guessed wanting to have a word with me which I wasn't looking forward to.

I only want to be in the confine if my room on my bed thinking about everything and nothing, "how are you" he finally asked searching my face for an expression but I gave him none. I was good at having this blank expressions, muttering a ghost smile which was very sudden I nodded my head with a fine, if anything then I was good the dead has already been done I was married and no going back.

"Am sorry"

He further stated his face gave too many emotion from the way his brows where grown together to show his distress, "you don't have to be, we will be fine!" The last statement was an assurance we will be I guess.

And soon I was in the confines of my room after making sure I saw his car drove out of the compound and used the back door to safely, I made sure no sound was coming or light as I lunched on my bed not knowing what to feel it what to expect with my life taking this turn.

...

Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu  zaynab
20-5-2024