❄️glimmer of hope❄️

I don't know what came over me, to pull the stunt I did, but laylah gave me this glint of hope that I was holding very tight.

Knowing I had to return to work along with her, I don't even want to think much about everything.

The next thing I heard was my mother summoning me into her chamber to ask about what I was sure was laylah with the blabber mouth who must have told her everything,  how should I get away from this.

"I can as much talk to her parents about it, it will be such a good alliance"

Making me shut my head up, noodling my head in an opposite direction which was a no, of cause I would want that but they should take things slowly.

Baby step at I time, I need to talk to rahil calmly about it again.

"We need to settle between ourself mama"

I was sure my tone sounded austere,
"I just hope it work out,"

And she dismissed me which I was very glad about, and the next thing I heard was the buzzing sound of my phone deep inside my kaftan trouser pocket, my brows where drawn into disarray after seeing who was calling me.

"To what do I own this call"

I sounded funny even to my own ears.

"You need to cut the crap of whatever game you are playing ansar, you shouldn't be playing around fire"

I had to throw my head back at her last statement and express mirth, so she was fire I thought internally I would really like to play with this fire, of course I said to myself I won't want my head to be buried deep above the ground before the sun raise tomorrow.

"We should talk things out more clearly rahil, this is no play".

The other end was silent guessing she was making out what to say next she was the raring type.

"You should come over now"

I had to cook at the clock which showed it was few pass 7, "then I'll be on my way"

And the call ended, making me chortle.

And we where already sitting across each other at there garden, which was hard for me to convince her before allowing me out of the car.

Rahil had been adamant about us staying in my car to discuss whatever it was I wanted to make her believe.

"Won't I even be allowed to greet hajiya"

She gave me the eye glare making me zip up.

" you should better start talking before I throttle you to death"

The glare she was sending my way was supposed to give thrilling down my backbone, but it did nothing of that sort instead I was delirious which was the total opposite I found myself thinking of who she actually was without all this facades.

"Rahil, I know I sound stupid. Many things will come to your brain as to why I wanted you but by Allah I had no bad intentions in mind"

She was quite, analyzing  my words. Urging me to keep going maybe along the way she would buy the idea and we could start seeing each other and maybe in few months get married.

Was I getting ahead of myself, "I also don't have a genuine reason why I started liking you, heck I couldn't say how I just found myself having your thoughts and then missing you"

"I believe it's just a crush and once you work on it will vanish"

The way she did the thing with her hand at the mention of the last word, had me almost burst into tears. Wasn't she seeing how hard I was trying already.

"Rahil I'll do what ever it takes to be with you, Wallahi I don't want any of what am feeling to go away..."

"Don't you realize what you are doing ansar"

She cut me off her voice getting edgy, I could sense she was trying so hard not to lose her calm and do things the way she always does, irrationally.

"Zahra was my friend, the very best I hard once upon a time. Can't you see I can't do this to her even thought her brother had the very wrong idea to all this..."

"Why do you care about zahra, had you for once ever brought your feeling first, if not for zahra would you had considered my proposal"

And she want speechless, I guessed realizing all I said was nothing but the ultra true.

"If you had forgotten then I would like to cue you, zahra did what she felt was the right thing then. She hold midget to no significant in my life, she just as equal as dead to me,... and about this you should think thought and am not giving up"

I was already out of the garden before she pulled herself from the state of shook she went, she couldn't keep bringing someone who no longer exist up.

And by Allah I won't give up on rahil not now or in a million years to come, I knew I don't love her but I liked her. I liked how she made me feel, how very honest she was.

The big fat truth was I liked her because I hated zahra with each and every fiber of my being, and rahil was the opposite of her. she was the one for me, or so I thought....

Tohh me dai I feel as if there is more to what his letting us on.

So far on a scale of 1-10 can somebody rate this book.

Check out my ongoing book
Fear and storm
...
This year seem to be getting hard May Allah make it easy for us Ameen

Vote
Comment
Share
20-2-2024

Ongoing edition
All rights reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab