Chapter 18

[Y'all I am so sorry for the sloth like updates, I've been trying to remap this story and figure out how to go from here and I think I'm done with that. I won't say anyone should expect frequent updates, but the chapters will most definitely be longer from now on. I'm also working a bit on the romance factor because I'm aware it's been a bit slow, but from here on out, there will be so much more action that you'll wonder if we watched the same anime. Please enjoy the chapter]

You remember the second your mother set foot in the house, immediately smothering Ayato with a hug and you giggled at the embarrassed expression on his face.

His hands stiffly circled around her as she squealed and shoved several shopping bags at him, her excited chattering making you smile warmly at the scene in front of you, your Dad regarding the pair with cautious eyes as he tried to walk off, only to be stopped by her shoving more shopping bags into his arms.

Up until the moment your phone rang and you saw Setsuna's caller id. You rolled your eyes before answering it, your words dying in your throat when you heard her grunting and huffing with all the energy she had.

“H...hey, (Name)! I wanted to ask if.... if! You would come do some training with us at ground Beta! I'm with Sen, Kendo and... Shiozaki!” at the end of her sentence, you heard a loud metal clang and she began panting.

You muttered under your breath, turning away from your family and walking towards the front door “Are you seriously weightlifting? You're scary, honestly. Forget how much Neito hyped you up, you're actually scary”

She gave a dry laugh, her breathing much more stable now “First name basis already? My, things must be moving really fast for you both” 

You quirked a brow at her response, wondering why she sounded irritated, but you brushed it off and forced a saccharine giggle to bubble from your throat, inspecting your nails while you performed your best excited bride act for Setsuna.

“Well, I guess so.... Hopefully we'll be officially married before our first year is over. Thanks for asking, I have to go now, bye~”

As soon as you hung up, you made a face, grimacing at how annoying you must've sounded. And even though you didn't exactly have the right to do that since you were so hostile to the blond, but your Mom didn't exactly have to know that.... Not yet at least.

Turning to walk back over to the three who stood in the center of your living room, you were met by your Mom excitedly shoving clothes at Ayato, an awkward smile on his face as he glanced at you.

You returned his smile before heading upstairs to change into casual clothes, only for shopping bags to be shoved into your face, making you trip and fall backwards, sitting on the stairs.

You pushed at the shopping bags, your voice coming out strained “Just how many of these things did you carry by yourself??? Your quirk isn't super strength, you know!”

“I know, but I got so much stuff for you too, and I'd like you to try them on, come on let's go to your room-”

Cutting her short, you got to your feet and did a flip over her head, landing right behind her as you walked towards the door “I'd really love to do that right now, but I have to train with some of my friends, I am in the hero course, after all. Can't be wasting school fees”

Sighing, she dropped the bags on the stairs and put you in a headlock, a vein pulsing in her forehead as she gave you a strained smile “How many times have I told you to stop doing things like that?!”

You spluttered and tried to escape her hold as you felt the air in your lungs running out, slapping her arm “M-mom..... Ma, I give in, I give-”

Coughing when she released you, you rubbed at your neck and gave her a side eye, wondering how she managed to still have this much strength, even after being in America for over 3 years, working as a support hero.