Chapter 21 : First Kiss

“W-winner.... (Last name) (Name)!”

“Kid try to take it a little easy when you swing that hammer, huh?” Present Mic chuckled nervously into the mic as he watched your hammer freeze over and shatter into tiny snowflakes, Shiozaki being carried off the stage on a stretcher.

You sighed and walked back through the side of the stage you came from, wanting to find the closest vending machine.

You needed a drink to cool you down. You barely fought, but your fingers were already trembling because of how excited you were.

Closing your eyes to recount the events of the battle in your head, you leaned up against the wall and clasped your hands together to reduce the trembling.

(Last name) (Name) vs Ibara Shiozaki. Match start!”

Shiozaki stretched her hair out and sent several sharp and thick woven vines at you. All of which you slashed off at the ends and ran towards the green haired girl, fending the vines off as you counted to 10 in your head, your sword shattering on the count of 9.

Bending over backwards into a backflip, you sliced off the sharp ends of the vines that were about to attack you again, then slid under them, heading straight for the girl that had shielded herself with an insanely large layered wall of vines.

You had barely gotten to your feet when she narrowed her eyes at you and sent more vines at you.

Focusing more ice on the sword, you increased the sharp surface area of the weapon, slashing at the vines on the count of 10 and letting the blade shatter once again.

However, from the handle of the sword, you let more ice take form, crafting your special hammer and swinging it at your cornered classmate, almost bashing her head in. Due to the level of force you used, Shiozaki's head slammed right against the wall of vines, the power behind your swing knocking her out cold.

Sighing, you caught her as the vines returned back to their place on her head, laying her down in the recovery position.

“Well, someone was definitely a little too excited for their first match. Do you think you killed her?”

Neito asked, sipping your soda by tipping your wrist forward as he bent his head.

“She's obviously not dead. And get your own soda, you have more than enough money for that, you soda thief!”

You narrowed your eyes at him and bonked him on the head with your first, pulling your arm out of his tight grasp as you took a few steps back, then walking back into the courtyard where the vending machine was, your index finger pointing at it.

“Why are you even here?” you muttered under your breath, taking a sip from the can as you eyed the blond suspiciously, the idiot trying to insert his debit card into the machine.

You choked on the soda, drops of the carbonated drink falling from your lips as you coughed and spluttered, your shoulders shaking with laughter.

As soon as Monoma came to pat you on the back you took the card from him and tapped it on the scanner a few inches below the money insertion hole, inputting your birthday and month digits as the pin and raising a brow when a can of soda dropped to the tray at the bottom.

“Why am I not surprised that you didn't change it? Simp” you scoffed and shook your head, your eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets when he slipped his arms around your hips and hugged you from behind, his lips right by your ear.

“I'd rather not use something I'll end up forgetting. If my pin or phone passcode is related to you then I doubt I'd forget, after all, it's you”

You immediately grit your teeth and spun around, throwing a punch at the blond who jumped back to avoid your attack.