Chapter 29

Slamming the car door shut as you unzipped your uniform bag, you yanked your shirt, blazer and tie off the hanger, shuffling around when your brother got into the car.

“Roll the partition up. Now” you glared at him through the open space, nearly flinching when he glared right back.

“Why don't you just go upstairs and change to your uniform. You literally slept in your stretching gear, that's unhealthy”

“I needed to do something to tire myself out. It's not my fault today wouldn't come sooner” you rolled your eyes, slipping your fingers under your sports bra and pulling it up, the startled man hurriedly clicking the button for the partition.

“Stop stripping! I'm telling you to go inside-”

“And I'm already halfway into my uniform, start driving me to school.” you cut him off, slipping on a new sports bra, your uniform shirt following quickly after while you hurriedly knotted your tie.

“You’re such a nuisance.” (Brother's/name) complained, starting the car and driving out of the compound in a huff.

“Tell me that only after you've confessed to Rina. We're leagues apart now, you old man” you scoffed, shuffling your skirt up your hips as you rolled your leg warmers down and yanked your thigh highs up your legs, settling in properly before putting your shoes on and wiping sweat off your face.

“Old man??! I will have you know that I'm barely-”

“Step on it, gramps, we're behind schedule!” you cut him off, hammering your fist against the partition, barely remembering to tuck your shirt in but deciding not to.

Today was going to be life changing for you, so you may as well break the dress code some.

“I could crash this car if I wanted to. Stop calling me that.” he hissed at you, taking a sharp turn off the road and down the exit that led to UA.

“You’re the one sitting in front so you'd die alone. I can just bust the roof off the car and escape. I'm not dying, not today and not ever.”  you cackled maniacally in his ear, pulling the partition the rest of the way down.

“All the women in this family are insane” he muttered under his breath, side eyeing you as he stepped on the gas, heading up the mountain to UA.

“I wonder what they're up to. They probably aren't expecting me back for another day or two. Well, everyone but Kendo and Sen, I told them last night that I'd be coming back.” 

“Oh, I forgot to give you this. You placed third in the sports festival, so here.” your brother grinned at you as he parked right outside the school gates, dangling the shiny bronze medal in front of you.

“Take it home. I don't have any need for it at school.” you grabbed your backpack and kicked the car door open, slinging your blazer over one shoulder as you began your march to the class, not even looking back once.

(Brother's/name) on the other hand went into the back seat, using a pair of tongs to pick up the articles of clothing you had littered the car with, his fingers brushing your yoga shorts nearly made him shriek and toss it into the small basket he brought with him.

“What the hell is this even....?” picking up one of your stirrup leg warmers, he grimaced as he shoved it into the basket, sealing said basket and tossing it in the boot, the air freshener bottle coming out to play.

“It smells too much like her. Yuck”

-

You shyly slid your class door open and tiptoed from the back to your seat, since Vlad was writing something on the board.