Chapter 20

"What do you mean, use Setsuna to get to (Name)?" Kendo asked as she looked up from the book she was reading, blue green eyes staring at him like he had grown two heads.

The blond kept pacing in the courtyard, his brows knitted together, the boy contemplating every one of his thoughts and how well his plan would work.

You responded positively during his most recent assessments so he was sure you were definitely into him, you just needed a push in the right direction and that push would come from him fake dating Setsuna.

"She doesn't want to submit even though it's obvious now that she likes me, so I'll make her submit-"

"And what if your plan backfires? What if you don't get the result you think you will?" she asked him, glaring at the blond as she wondered why he would take such a roundabout method.

"Then I'll fix it. I don't want this opportunity to pass me by, Kendo. I love her, but.... She needs to get a taste of her own medicine. She needs to know what it's like to be rejected over and over. I won't risk losing her by doing it so much, but she should know how I felt all those times she brushed me off"

Monoma came to a stop in front of the orangette, his arms crossed as she continued to glare at him.

"You do realize that this has a higher chance of backfiring, right? What if all her feelings disappear? What if you're right back where you started after this is over? What are you-"

Chuckling like a mad man, Neito responded, his hands wiping the tears of laughter that had gathered in the corners of his eyes.

"Isn't it simple? She's not going to lose those feelings. And even if she does, I'm willing to build it all back up and make her love me again. It only took ten years to get this far, I can definitely do it again"

Kendo shook her head, getting up from the bench she was sitting on and sighed, going back to the stadium "If this goes badly, know that I won't comfort you. You should go get ready for the cavalry battle since you were assigned to a team, and while you're at it, tell Sen what you plan to do so he can beat you up on her behalf before the main tournament"

Neito watched as Kendo walked away, narrowing his eyes at the mention of the close combat extraordinaire.

"Sen, huh?"

You dashed over to Midnight, eager to draw a number from the box as Shoda had given you a spot in the best of 16 rounds, the boy forfeiting as he had been brainwashed by Shinso.

You, however didn't realize you had been seeded into the tournament's best of 8 rounds by the somnambulist user herself.

Pushing your hand into the box, you grabbed onto a piece of paper, not expecting Midnight to smack you on your wrist, yelping as you held your hand to your chest, your track jacket loose on your hips as you had tied it around you to avoid it ripping or interfering with your movements during the race.

Midnight giggled as she directed your gaze to the board that was to hold the match-ups, your eyes widened in shock as you spied your name in the second row, your hands covering your mouth as you squealed excitedly, doing a little victory dance.

You'd finally get to show off a few of your new moves, including your flight!

You ran around the field hoping to find Sen or Shiozaki to tell them the news when you bumped into someone who was sobbing literal buckets.

Upon realizing who it was, you awkwardly patted Midoriya on the back, hopping aside when the pressure behind his tears increased, making it look like he was a crying fountain.