Chapter 19

Groaning as Ayato pulled into the garage, you held onto your seatbelt, not wanting to get out of the car so early.

However, Ayato grabbed at your ankles and yanked you out the passenger's side, making you slip out of the car and onto the ground in the most ungraceful way ever.

The aroma of food halted the curses you would've sent flying at the man, but deciding to be peaceful courtesy of your mother's amazing cooking, you got to your feet and walked into your house, letting your bag drop to the floor without a care in the world, your main focus on the dish that you were heading to.

You set eyes on your mother dashing gracefully around the kitchen and working some form of magic over the pots on the fire as you smiled fondly, rolling your sleeves up and marching into the kitchen to help out.

Do we honestly have to have dinner with them? I'd rather be training, Mom" she hummed in response, a small smile on her face "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. You don't want to be the dull version of Jack, do you?"

Turning around from the table you were setting, you crossed your arms and gave her a once over "Fine. I'm going to dress up!"

"(Name)..... Don't forget to-"

"Pick out something nice, yes. I'm aware, Mom- ack!"

As a slipper met the back of your head, you turned around while rubbing the spot it hit and pouted "Then what did you want to say??"

"I wanted to say that, but most importantly...... Try to give Neito a chance, he's not as bad as you're seeing him. He's honestly a little touched in the head, but I think... I think he actually does love you, so maybe you should try playing along for today. You might enjoy it a lot more than you'd thought"

"..... Okay, then. But just for today! And only because you asked- oof! I can't breathe!"

Enveloping you in a bear hug and taking you to the floor, your mother squished you tightly into her, her chin resting on your head "Oh, my big baby. Thank you so much~ (Name).... (Name)? (Name)!"

Pulling back from the hug, she saw that you had passed out from the tightness of the hug, your head lolling to the side as you desperately tried to breathe.

"If you don't get up, I'm going to give you mouth to mou-"

With a battle cry, you sat up and spluttered, hacking as you glared at her "Are you trying to kill me? Your breath reeks!"

Breathing through her mouth and onto your face, she pinned your arms down, avoiding your flailing legs, your squeals for help echoing through the kitchen.

Once you managed to escape, you bolted for the stairs, grabbing your bag up off the floor in the living room and dashing straight to your room, locking the door behind you.

Looking over at your closet, you sighed and walked in, stripping down to your underwear and picking the first simple dress you saw.

Going back down the stairs in the dress, you walked into the kitchen and did a spin, your brows raised as your mother blinked at you.

"Young lady.... Are you joking?"

 Are you joking?"