Chapter 27

“Why did you change his name? Why did you give him to the hero commission as Ayato? Why did you give birth to him if you weren't going to treat him like a normal child? Why did Mom even agree to this? Most importantly, why didn't you tell me I had a brother? Was I not supposed to know that I wasn't an only child?? You even lied to me about Touya, Touya is dead! So why?! Why did you do this...? Why did you build this family on lies...? Why am I always the one that's never told anything?”

Tears began to blur your vision as frost covered your face, vapor escaping your mouth due to how hard you were trying to breathe, the sudden temperature drop in the room making Neito shudder in the corner.

That tiny shudder caught your Father's attention and he immediately looked in the blond's direction, frowning.

“You. You snuck into my office and-”

“You leave him out of this! I'm talking to you, so answer me! Or am I so unimportant that you just ignore me at every turn??! As the child that you love the most, why won't you answer me?!” you screeched at him, putting yourself in Neito's path so he would actually look at you.

“I can't tell you anything. Not right now at least, that vacuous boy in the corner has to-”

“Don't insult him! Just stop it! He offered to help me even when you refused to explain to me, he helped me find answers to some of the questions I had, so don't talk to him that way!”

Your words made him give the quiet boy in question a death glare over your head, (Dad's/hero name) responding in a tone that chilled you to your bones.

“I thought you hated that boy. He's done nothing but annoy you and now he's suddenly being useful.”

“I don't think that's any of your business. And if you think I'm going to stand by and let you hurt him, you're in for a shock because I've gotten stronger.” you hissed at him, a sword made of ice taking form in your left hand.

After a moment of silence, the man walked over to his chair, took a seat and heaved a deep sigh.

“You're not going to like this”

“That's a choice she'll have to make by herself, because she has her own life to live” the blue eyed male by the door crossed his arms, glaring right back at your Father.

“I really don't like you...” he narrowed his eyes at the Monoma, shaking his head and looking over at you just as he started to explain.

“That bastard All for one was after your brother, so I had to make it seem like he never existed. At the time, quirks like this were extremely rare and they seemed to be a powerful asset to him due to the versatility of the quirk as it evolved.”

“How does the evolution of the quirk affect his choice? What does that have to do with it?” you asked, waiting for an answer.

“Between you, myself and Ayato..... whose quirk do you think is the strongest.....? Give me your honest answer”

“The original holder of the quirk. You”  you regarded him with a cautious stare.

“In the case of transformative and mutant type quirks, that'd be the answer about 80% of the time, but.... We all share an emitter quirk, one that's evolved specially by your body every single time it was passed down. So with that information, can you try answering that question again? Whose quirk is the strongest amongst all three of us?” your Father asked, his stare intense because as much as he knew the answer, you knew it too.

“Me” you grit your teeth, wondering why it couldn't have been you the villains were after, (Brother's/name) would've had the brightest future in regular hero work if he had retained his name.