Chapter 2

Being a new student was stressful, it wasn't particularly easy, but going to the top hero training academy in Japan made it horrible, especially with so many different characters and quirks, your classmates especially were a handful; Although you were thankful you didn't get 1-A, they seemed like a fun bunch.

At least that's what you thought. Your betrothed  didn't seem to think the same way, clearly stating that they were just looking for attention all the time and that they thought they were so special. If you were one of them, you would've clocked him so hard a troll would even be prettier than him when he woke up.

You stretched your arms up above your head, it was third period now, you had gotten through science taught by Midnight, English which was taught by Present Mic and Maths taught by Ectoplasm. You found the topics here at U.A far simpler than all the ones at your former school; But during class, you noticed several pairs of eyes glancing at you when you were answering most of the questions.

They all gave you suspicious looks to see if you were cheating, but your eyes were focused only on the board and the teachers. At a point in time, you wanted to strangle that Green haired girl for always yelling about how unfair having you answer all the questions was.

What shocked most of them wasn't the speed with which you answered, no, it was that you got all the answers correctly. You gave them weird looks.

'Do they not understand how lucky they are? Having such simple topics this far into the year? Anyway, they didn't just come from an expensive all-girls boarding school where we're all taught like we have textbooks in our heads'

Your train of thought was interrupted by Monoma Neito walking up to your desk and talking to you like you were friends with him or something.
"So I noticed you thrashing us in Maths, English and science earlier, great job, [y/n]!"   "You answered questions too, Neito" you pointed out.

"Oh, I only answered four-" "it was twelve in total for English, Neito" you cut him off, blinking at him.  He gasped "really?! I didn't know [y/n]! I'd have left more questions for you to answer-" "I'm not offended. I'll only be if you keep standing at my desk or talking to me like we're close or something, so could you leave?" You cut him off again.  He looked visibly shocked for a second before asking "why do you not like me, [y/n]? Am I really not good enough for you?"

"Its more of the fact that you're really annoying, Neito. Me not liking you is something that was predetermined when I was forced to marry you" You said bluntly, wanting him to leave. He looked down and replied "I understand" then began walking back to his seat, you stood up and made your way out of the class, dropping a note on an orange haired girl's desk, noting that she was the class rep.

She cleared her throat, making you pause and ask "yes.....class representative?"  "Um.....this isn't a hall pass, you know?" She said nervously "none of the teachers are around and I gave that to you so that you could prove to them that I'm still alive, miss class representative" you sighed

"But, why didn't you ask for one when they were here?" She asked, making some of your other classmates tune in to the conversation, you spun on your heel, walking over to her desk and placing your palms on the flat surface as you called out to her "miss class representative?" "You know you can call me Kendo, right?" She winced visibly at the title.

"You hold in your hands in a sheet of paper on which I wrote down my information should you be looking for me, so what do you need a hall pass for?" You asked, noticing students circling round you out of the corner of your eye.

She stood up and replied "a hall pass is needed for teachers to show that they gave permission-" "but there are no teachers, so why don't you just give me permission?" You cut her off, your voice dangerously close to a purr. She sighed "fine, go and be back quickly, [l/n]" "[y/n] is fine, miss-" "then call me Kendo, [y/n]" she stopped you, stretching a hand forward

You smiled at her "forgive my rudeness earlier, Kendo" "its okay, [y/n], we need people like you in here, you could liven up the atmosphere a bit" she said, making you take her hand and shake it, asking "friends?" "Friends" she replied. Letting go of her hand, you walked out of the class, and closed the door waiting for a few seconds to listen for any reaction.

You almost jumped when you heard them all scream "she's so damn cool!" "Hash tag [l/n] the ice queen!" "Hey, she's mine!" "She's better than I expected!" "She might be better than us at combat!" "She's amazing!" "I hope She'll actually befriend most of us"

You shook your head and walked down the empty corridor, looking for the little ladies room.
'Maybe my stay at U.A won't be as bad as I thought'