Chapter 23

“(Last/name) (Name) versus Iida Tenya. Match begin!” Present Mic screeched at the top of his lungs, signaling the beginning of the fight.

You however, hadn't even blinked when Iida kicked you in the shoulder, trying to send you ot of bounds.

You rolled over backwards and looked around the stage, your eyes trying to find where the blur that was 1-A's class rep was slowing down, holding an ice dart in your hand and tossing it to your right, the dart just barely grazing his leg.

“I see. Then if you won't stay still, I might as well bust out some showy moves. In return for giving my first real hit in the tournament, I'll show you a little something.”

Standing up, you let snowflakes gather in your palms as you walked back over to the center of the platform, tossing them up and letting them flutter down to the ground.

For a second, nothing happened and Iida was preparing to attack, but in the next moment, a dome of sorts covered the entire center of the stage, stopping him short.

You waited in the dome, a hammer that was almost twice the size of your usual hammer lay on the ground as you rubbed your palms together, letting frost cover them before you hurriedly picked the hammer up and used it to gain more rotation, spinning on the balls of your feet due to how heavy it was.

“I don't plan to lose this fight. I promised Shoto we'd fight, so that's the only battle I'm allowed to lose.” You sighed, mentally preparing yourself for your fight with Shoto.

Just as Tenya broke through the shield, he was thrown back out, a much bigger hole now in the spot he came through, his glasses flying off his face when he landed on his side.

The second he started trying to get up, you let go of the hammer, a small grin on your face when it hit him in the gut, sending him flying off the side of the stage.

“Iida has been knocked out of bounds. Winner : (Last/name) (Name)!” Midnight announced, cracking her brown whip.

You practically ran off the stage to help the boy find his glasses and help escort him to Recovery girl.

Grabbing the end of the hammer, you let it shatter and turn into frost, making him sigh in relief.

“How did you even throw that thing at me? I could barely push it.”

“I was fumbling at first to be completely honest. I just used it to spin after realizing it weighed almost the same as me. That took the edge off easier.” you laughed nervously at his words, unsure of how else to respond.

Slipping an arm around his middle, you encouraged him to lean on you, bumping him with your hip.

“You're really fast, Iida. I respect you even more after being paired up with you to fight, can we run together some time? Well, as long as you promise to take it easy on me, that is.”

You let a small smile grace your lips, letting him go when he said he could walk without help.

Turning around to make your way back to the stands, you bumped into Setsuna who was probably looking for Neito. 

You rolled your eyes, going back to your seat when you saw Ayato scuffing his shoes against the ground, an awkward smile on his face as his cheeks flushed red.

He's probably talking to Rina-san.

“(Mother's/name), please don't press me for children. You already have (Name) to worry about in future, I'm sure she and Neito are going to give you very beautiful children, I have to go now.” he rolled his eyes, his voice full of faux sweetness.