Chapter 22

“Winner : (Last/name) (Name)! Kid, it's like you're on fire today! Literally!” Present mic screamed into the mic as you patted the fire that lit on your track jacket due to the impact of Mina's rather concentrated acid on the ice that covered your body, walking away from the poor girl that lay knocked out on the floor, an ice sword stuck in the ground right by her head.

“Amazing job out there, (Name)-chan. Do you want a drink?” Your Dad asked as you walked past him, the man practically shoving the cold bottle into your hands, a small smile on his face.

Averting your eyes in embarrassment when you noticed a few of your classmates watching, you groaned, covering your head with your track jacket “Why are you here??? Don't you have work to do?And you too, Ayatoe!”

“Why, you little... Precious child, wow look at you, I'm so happy you won that round, aren't I?” The man forcing a smile at you, his hand squeezing your head to punctuate his words as an ice blade was pressed to his back, the sharp tip poking him.

“Do you want me to do that to you too? No? Leave your.... Ugh, stop that.” (Dad's/hero name) sighed as he grabbed Ayato's head and lifted him, placing him back in his spot.

You blew raspberries at the man before going to hide behind your Dad, opening the soda bottle and peering in.

“I made soft ice in it, just the way you like it. I hope you win, snowflake.” Your Dad smiled at you, patting your head before directing you straight to your seat.

All your classmates stiffened up and hurriedly greeted him, the man waving them off “There's no need to be so formal. I'm just (Name)-chan's Dad right now, and I'd like to implore you all to try and get along with her. She can be a bit cold, but she's as warm as a fireplace during winter once you get to know her-”

Pausing as you shoved at him, he sighed and turned around, getting the hint.

“Fine, chase your own Father away” he called out.

“You said too much!” you nearly shrieked, wanting to die of embarrassment as heat flooded your face.

“So some Pros can take care of their kids this much.... That's super cute-shroom!” a small brown haired girl giggled, her hair hiding her eyes.

“Komori-San. Don't make me turn you into an ice cube for Mount Lady.” You growled at her, your hands frosting over as you directed your glare at her.

“So scary~” Setsuna rolled her eyes at your words, a smug grin on her face when you stood up to leave, frost covering your arms.

“Setsuna, what the hell is wrong with you??” Sen glared at the green haired girl, rushing out of his seat after you.

“You're overreacting, Sen. It's not my fault she can't take playful banter” the reptilian girl glaring right back.

Kendo looked from Monoma who was quietly watching in his seat to Setsuna who was sitting behind him and playing with his hair?!

She put two and two together, her eyes widening as she grabbed the blond by his collar and yanked him out of his seat, dragging him somewhere to scold him.

-

You sighed as you finally rested your back against a tree, the shade hiding you from the angry glare of the sun, moving around the tree when you saw Sen coming your way.

He crossed his arms and asked “Really? You think I didn't see you?”

“It was worth a shot at least” you sighed, coming out of hiding, a pout on your lips as the brunette looked you over, his arms outstretched.