Chapter 8: Cat

(This is an Enid pov chapter😉🙀)

Enid POV:

I woke up on top of Wednesday she felt warmer the usual like a lot warmer, I got up and went to the restroom getting ready for the day, once I got out Wednesday was up groaning in pain I assume, I went over to her to check her temperature. She's running a fever.

"Wednesday, do you feel bad?"

"Yes.." she said as she leaned her forehead on my shoulder and rubbed her back as she stayed on my shoulder, she started whimpering as I rubbed her back.

"I'll be back okay?" I pulled her away from me to look at her in the eyes. She nodded, I kissed her forehead, I put on my shoes and went to Jericho, to get us food and medicine.

I picked up the food and was heading to the pharmacy. I heard strange noise almost like the sound of Wednesday whimpering. I looked around seeing if I could maybe hear it again. Nothing. I continued forward, I walked into the pharmacy and picked up some medicine. I went back outside and I heard the whimper again.

I walk toward the sound of it. I walked into an alley way it was a small cardboard box with a blanket inside, I looked inside closely and a little black creature was in it, it was a cat. I tried picking the cat up but it nipped and scratched me. I giggled softly and put my hand back in the box, letting it get comfortable with me first.

The cat reminded me of Wednesday, it was scary and tough into it soften up to me, the cat went closer to my hand and put its head under my hand, I carefully and slowly picked up the box and took it with me.

I got back to the dorm, trying to not make a noise, if Wednesday knew I brought back an animal she would kill me. She was still laying in my bed anyways so I don't think she would notice.

"Wens?" I asked

She groaned of course

"I brought food and medicine for you, love"

"Thank you, Enid.." I put the box down carefully to go give Wednesday her medicine.

"I don't need it, I'm fine" she sat up touching her head in pain. Clearly she had a headache

"Wednesday take it" I said putting it up to her mouth.

"No" she started pouting like a little kid

I went to plan B, I stuck the medicine in my mouth and gave her a passionate kiss, making the medicine transfer into her mouth.

"It wasn't that bad wasn't it?" I teased her passing her a water bottle. I was admiring my girlfriend until I heard nails on our wooden floor. The cat had gotten out of the box. Shit shit shit.

"Is that a cat?"

"Uhm please don't be mad! It was gonna die out there!" I said in a frantic to put it back in the box

"Why would I be mad?"

"Cause I thought you didn't like animals."

"Enid I literally have a pet lion at home and my girlfriend is a wolf." She said sitting back up from the bed.

"Oh right, well do you wanna pet it?" I asked carrying the cat to the bed.

"It probably will make me more sick"

"No it won't!" I handed her the cat. The cat started purring and jumped right into her lap rubbing her head on Wednesday.

Wednesday started petting the cat slowly and carefully, I got into bed with Wednesday and her twin cat, I rested my head on Wednesday shoulder as I started petting the cat.

"Is it a boy a girl?" I asked

"It's a boy." Wednesday said

I gave Wednesday a kiss on the cheek before laying myself down on my bed.

"Can we keep it?" I asked

"Only for a little then we have to give it to somebody that doesn't live in a school."

Wednesday got up from the bed carrying the cat and putting it back into its box, the cat had fallen asleep then. She got back in bed with me.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked her.

"I think so." She responded back

I rolled Wednesday over to face the other way making her the little spoon, as I took out her braids. I ran my fingers in her hair.

"His like our little child"

739 words