Vol. 1 Ch. 2 Out Of Time

Your POV

After the ceremony was over, I made my way to Beacon Tower and up to Ozpin's office like he said. Once I got there, I opened the door and Ozpin said, "Come in. Please take a seat." I closed the door behind me and sat down in one of the chairs near his desk. He took a sip from his mug and said, "Now before you begin, I'll save us some time by mentioning that I'm no idiot. I'd recognize a Vault Jumpsuit anywhere. Whatever it was that Vault-Tec put you through, I sincerely apologize. Based on the number on your suit, you're from Vault 180?"

I nodded and said, "Yes, which is located in the underground tunnels of Mountain Glenn. When everyone was forced into the tunnels to escape the Grimm, some of us entered the vault. We were then put into Cryo Stasis Pods, completely unaware of what they were." Ozpin's mouth fell open in shock and he said, "So you've been frozen for 60 years? Oh, I'm sure with how everything has changed, it's a lot to take in." I nodded and said, "The only reason that I was woken up from Cryo Stasis was that the Vault's power generator was failing. All of the Cryopods critically malfunctioned as a result, along with the life support systems. Mine, however, malfunctioned in a different way and defrosted me instead. Everyone else is dead, including my parents. Nobody else in my family is left. I'm simply a 17-year-old Vault dweller out of time."

Ozpin sighed and said, "I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think you said your name." I took a deep breath and said, "It's Y/N. Y/N L/N." Ozpin's eyes widened a bit and said, "You're the son of Iris Diam and Silver L/N, aren't you?" I raised an eyebrow and said, "You knew my parents? How?" Ozpin smiled and said, "We can both agree that appearances don't always show our true age or nature. Take yourself for example, you look, act, and probably are 17 in every mental and physical way, but in reality, you're technically 77 due to your time on ice."

I nodded and said, "Fair point. Either way, I have no idea what I'm going to do now. I mean I did want to be a huntsman, but I didn't even go to a combat school. My parents trained me as I grew up." Ozpin pondered something for a moment, before he looked at me and said, "While you were in the Emerald Forest, did you grab a relic of any kind?" I scratched my head and was about to say no when I remembered the Vault Boy figure in my pocket. I pulled it out and showed it to him as I said, "I mean, I found this near the temple ruins." Ozpin smiled and said, "That's good enough. I haven't seen that Vault-Tec character in such a long time. I do insist that you keep it though. Considering your quick thinking and amazing skills in the forest, I'd say that your skills are rather impressive for your age. But considering who your parents were, I wouldn't have expected anything different. Welcome to Beacon Academy, Mr. L/N." I smiled and said, "Really?"

He nodded and said, "Absolutely. Now seeing as you were on ice for so long, I think I'll let you skip your classes the next couple days so you can get yourself caught up to date with the current events of the world." I thanked him and shook his hand. He looked at my Pip-Boy and said, "Starting with your Pip-Boy, almost nobody uses Pip-Boys anymore due to the slicker and lightweight design of the Scroll. However, your Pip-Boy still works just the same as a Scroll. So if you want, I can get you a Scroll to replace your Pip-Boy." I shook my head and replied, "I appreciate the offer, but I'd rather keep it. Especially since I more used to it." Ozpin nodded and said, "I understand. Now seeing as I already assigned teams, I'll let you be a one man assistant team. In other words, you'll be an asset for another team on any mission they may need assistance on. Is there any specific team that you wish to be an asset for?" I nodded and said, "Team RWBY, especially seeing as they were the first people I interacted with after I left Vault 180." Ozpin nodded and said, "Very well. Oh, and for all of the students, there is a school uniform. But considering your circumstances, I'll give you a choice. Do you want to have a uniform, or do you wish to just keep wearing your Vault Jumpsuit?" I smiled and said, "I'll keep my jumpsuit. It's rather comfortable." Ozpin smiled and said, "I figured you'd say that. Oh, and here's your dorm number." He sent me a message from his Scroll to my Pip-Boy of my room number. I thanked him once more and headed towards my dorm.

I heard some familiar voices coming from one of the other dorm in the hallway. I smirked as I knocked on the door. Blake answered and said, "Oh, hey, Y/N. What're you doing here?" I smiled and said, "It seems like you and Yang won't be getting rid of me so easily." I heard Yang's voice from behind Blake in the room as she said, "Is that Y/N's voice I hear?" The blonde appeared next to Blake and said, "Did you miss me already?" I smirked and said, "Maybe a little. Anyways, Ozpin's letting me stay as an assistant one man team." Yang smiled and said, "That's awesome!" I smiled and said, "Hey, can I talk with the one of you in private tomorrow?" Yang and Blake shared a brief look and Yang said, "Sure, I will." I smiled and said, "Thank you." I then left and headed towards my dorm.

Yang's POV

As Y/N left, I couldn't help but notice that the back of his blue jumpsuit had a big 180 in yellow numbers on it. Blake then said, "I swear that logo on the shoulder of his jumpsuit looks familiar, but I can't place it." We shared another look before we went back inside our dorm and went to sleep.

Fun fact: Iris Diam is a reference to Diamond City and Silver L/N is a reference to the Silver Shroud. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.