Vol. 2 Ch. 11 Personal Reasons

Your POV

After we returned from our investigations, I told Yang and the others that I had something that I needed to ask Ozpin personally. Yang replied and said, "Is something wrong?" I smiled and said, "No, I just need to ask him about something personal." Yang nodded hesitantly and said, "Okay, I'll meet you in your dorm when you get back." I nodded and said, "Alright." I headed up to Ozpin's office with ED-E following behind me. When I opened the doors to his office, I saw Ozpin sitting at his desk as he looked up and said, "Ah, Mr. L/N. How may I help you this evening?" I sighed and said, "Professor, I was wondering about something for when we go on our first mission in a few weeks. I was wondering if I could go to Mountain Glenn. There's a couple places that I'd like to personally search myself." Ozpin took a sip from his mug and said, "I see, and what places were you thinking about?" I sighed again and replied, "I was hoping to see if I can find my parents' old apartment and see if there's anything left that I could take. I'd also like to go back and check Vault 180 for anything I might've missed when I first woke up."

Ozpin took another sip from his mug and said, "I see. Very well then. I'll see what I can do. Is there anything else I can help you with?" I shook my head and said, "No, that was all I had." He nodded and said, "Okay, have a good night, Mr. L/N." I nodded and entered the elevator once more with ED-E. We headed back to the dorm, where I found Yang already fast asleep in my bed. I smiled as closed the door, got myself ready for bed, and climbed in next to her. I kissed her head as I wrapped my arm around her waist and drifted off to sleep.

The Next Morning

I woke up with Yang still fast asleep next to me, her head laying peacefully on my bare chest. I gently ran my fingers through her beautiful golden locks. She smiled in her sleep and nuzzled her head against my chest. I smiled and said, "Yang, you're awake, aren't you?" She nodded and said, "Yes. By the way, I don't ever let anyone touch my hair. But I don't mind it if you do. When you do it, it feels soothing." I smiled and said, "Well I am your boyfriend afterall." She giggled lightly and said, "That's true. I love you, Blue." I kissed her head and said, "I love you too, Goldilocks."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Zwei riding on top of Chibi ED-E)

Yang's POV

Blake looked at us and said, "You what?!" Ruby repeated herself and said, "We want you to go to the dance." Blake replied, "That's ridiculous." I spoke up and said, "Blake, we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head." While counting the facts on her fingers, Weiss said, "You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering." Blake snapped back, "You think I care about grades? People's lives are at stake!" I replied, "We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to." Ruby added, "Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale." Weiss said, "And, the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months." I added, "Don't forget about their missing military tech too." Blake replied, "But there's still unanswered questions!" Ruby said, "Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open!"

The three of us nodded and I said, "All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day." Weiss added and said, "It will be fun! Yang and I will make sure of it." I spoke up again and said, "Yeah! We're planning the whole event!" I pumped my fists which caused the bed to bounce Blake as she replied, "Excuse me?" Weiss answered and said, "Team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected." I continued and said, "So, Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you have the perfect night." Weiss added and said, "And once it's all over, we'll return for our search, rested and ready." My sister spoke up and asked, "So what do ya think?" Blake replied and said, "I think this is a colossal waste of time." Blake walked away from the rest of us and opened the dorm door. Then she said, "I'll be in the library." And with that, she walked out of the room and I let out a sigh.

At least Y/N wasn't being so distant and antisocial like Blake was, but a part of me felt like he'd been keeping something from me ever since we came back from investigations. I wasn't really 100% sure though. Before we had told Blake about going to the dance, Y/N had told me that he had a couple things he needed to take care of. He said that once he was ready, he'd send ED-E to come get me. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Weiss approached and opened it to reveal Jaune at the door with a guitar. He sang her name out loud but was quickly cut off by Weiss slamming the door in his face. From the other side of the door, we heard him reply,"Oh, come on, open the door! I promise not to sing."

Weiss opened the door again and Jaune began singing again as he said, "I lied! Weiss Schu-nee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday!?" She looked at him and said, "Are you done?" He shrugged and said, "Yes?" She replied and said, "No." She then shut the door in his face. Turning around, she saw Ruby and I staring at her and said, "What?" I just shook my head and replied, "And that is why they call you the Ice Queen." She answered and said, "All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind." Ruby spoke up again and said, "Date or no date, none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go." We heard another knock on the door, to which Weiss said, "I already told you my answer, Jaune." He groaned and said, "I realize that. I'm just knocking to let you girls know that Y/N's robot thing is out here." I looked at Weiss and Ruby and said, "Y/N told me that he'd send Eddie to come get me when he was ready. So I'll see you girls later." They nodded as I went out into the hallway and found ED-E out there hovering.

I looked at him and said, "You're here to bring me to Y/N, correct?" He let out an affirmative sounding bleep and I said, "I'll assume that's a yes. Lead the way then." He let out another beep and began heading down the hall. I followed ED-E as he led me out of the dormitories and to one of the other academic buildings, specifically the one with the gym and the locker room. When ED-E stopped, we were just outside of the music room. I looked at him and said, "I assume that Y/N's in there, yes?" He let out the same affirmative sounding bleep and I slowly began to open the door. As I opened it, I heard the sound of a piano begin and saw Y/N smiling at me as he continued to play and began singing.

Your POV

As I finished singing, I looked at Yang and said, "Yang, I know I've been acting a bit off lately but I've just been remembering some memories of me and my parents lately. One of those memories was of the last day I saw them alive. I'm sorry for not telling you any of this, so I thought this might be a way to apologize." I stood up, walked over to her, and said, "Yang Xiao Long, would go to the dance with me?" She looked into my blue eyes and said, "Yes. Yes, I'll go to the dance with you!" She wrapped her arms around me as she hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged her back.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.