Vol. 1 Ch. 4 Adjusting To Everything

Your POV

A few weeks ago, I had finally finished with catching up with current events from the past 60 years. Throughout these few weeks, Team RWBY had been very helpful to me, especially Yang. As a result, I slowly began to start having feelings for her. But I didn't know how to tell her. I heard the bell ring, ending the class, and saw that it was almost noon. I decided to head down to the cafeteria for some food since I was hungry.

After I grabbed some food and a bottle of Nuka-Cola, I started to look for Team RWBY's table. After a couple seconds, I heard a familiar voice call out my name. I turned and saw Yang waving to get my attention, so I walked over to her and her team. I smiled as I set my tray next to Yang and sat down. Ruby then spoke up and said, "So, Y/N, how are you doing in regards with all this new stuff?" Weiss replied and said, "Ruby! You can't just ask questions like that." I chuckled and said, "It's okay, Weiss. To answer your question, Ruby. It is a lot but I'm slowly adjusting." She smiled and said, "That's good." I opened my Nuka-Cola and put the bottlecap in my pocket. Yang looked at me and said, "Why do you always keep the bottlecaps?" I shrugged and said, "It's something that my dad used to do. Not really sure why, but it's a habit that I kinda picked up from him." Yang nodded in understanding.

Taking a deep breath, I turned to the rest of Team RWBY and said, "Hey, guys. I just want to say thank you to all of you for being so welcoming and helpful to me these past weeks. So as my way of saying thanks, I want to invite you all to dinner in Vale." They all smiled and Ruby said excitedly, "Sweet! Where are we going?" I chuckled lightly and said, "I don't really know, but is there anywhere that's casual but usually not overly crowded?" Yang spoke up and said, "Yeah, I know of a place in Vale just like that. It's usually not too busy either. It's called The Shamrock Pub. They're very relaxed about minors coming in, but they're somewhat strick on serving alcohol." I smiled and said, "Perfect. Would all of you be available to go there tonight?" They all nodded and Ruby said, "Can Team JNPR come too?" I smirked and said, "Sure, why not? I'll meet you all by the Bullheads around 6pm."

I then said, "Well, I gotta go ask Ozpin about something, so I'll see you guys later." I walked out of the cafeteria and up to Ozpin's office. I knocked on the door and heard him say, "Come in." I entered and he said, "Ah, Mr. L/N. I've noticed that you've been adjusting to everything rather well, yes?" I nodded and said, "Yep. So I was just wondering if there was a music room or a private room with a piano that I could use?" Ozpin smiled and said, "Well, there is a music room just down the hall from the gym and the locker room. It rarely gets used anymore, but there should be a piano in there. You're more than welcome to use it anytime you want." I smiled and said, "Thanks." He took a sip from his mug and just simply nodded as I left.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Nora getting her hands on a Nuka-Cola Quantum)

Yang's POV

I just finished taking a shower after working out in the gym. After I got dressed, I left the locker room and started heading back towards my dorm since there was still about a half hour until I need to head to the air docking bays. I stopped when I heard what sounded like someone playing the piano nearby. Curious, I followed the sound until I reached the music room. I quietly opened the door and noticed that it was just Y/N playing the piano. I had no idea that he could play the piano or that he was pretty good at it. I kept quiet as I silently closed the door behind me and just listened as he began to pick up the pace and sing.

I was shocked by how much emotion Y/N had put into his singing. I had no idea that he could sing like that. I slowly approached him and said, "Y/N?" He jumped and turned towards me as he said, "Y-Yang? How long have you been standing there?" I sat next to him on the piano bench and said, "I heard your music and came in right before you started singing." He nodded slowly and looked away. I sighed and said, "Y/N, be honest with me, are you truly okay?"

I heard him sigh before he answered and said, "I'm not really sure. I came in here to just relax and vent. I used to play the piano a lot growing up. It always helped me process certain things and relieve my stress." I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "It's okay if you're not okay. You don't have to hide it from us or from me. You lost your parents and the world you once knew had dramatically changed at all once. I kinda know how you feel."

He looked at me and I continued, "When Ruby and I were little, our mother, Summer Rose, went on a mission and never came back. So I understand your pain a bit. That's why I like you so much, Y/N. In a way, you're just like me, but in your own way." I felt him embrace me and I hugged him back. We stayed like this for awhile, then we pulled away and he said, "So you like me?" I blushed as I noticed the smirk on his face and nodded. He chuckled lightly and said, "Yang, I like you too." Now it was my turn to smirk and I said, "You know you've got some very talented fingers on that piano." He blushed and said, "Th-thanks."

Your POV

She then laughed and said, "I'm only teasing you! I mean you do have quite a talent on playing the piano and a pretty decent singing voice." I smiled and said, "Thanks, Yang." I looked at the time on my Pip-Boy and saw that it was 5:47pm. I looked back at Yang and said, "We should probably started on our way to the landing docks." She nodded and said, "Yeah, you're probably right. I gotta go grab something from the dorm and I'll meet you there." Then she gave me a quick peck on the cheek and left without another word. I sat there, shocked, for a moment before I shook myself out of it and headed towards the landing docks. As I made my way there, a thought went through my mind. Does Yang really feel the same way I do?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I've been trying to make these chapters longer than I usually do, so let me know if you want me to keep doing it.
Master out.