Vol. 2 Ch. 12 The Dance

Your POV

I was helping Yang, Ruby, and Weiss with preparing the ballroom for the dance since it was tomorrow night and nothing was ready. Ruby and I were in charge of setting up the tables and chairs. After a couple of minutes, Ruby sat down at one of the tables, looking sad. Worried, I asked her, "What's wrong, Ruby? Aren't you excited for the dance?" She replied and said, "No.... or well yeah. I just want Blake to go as well. She needs something to distract her from her worries. She's gonna over exhaust herself at this point." I sat down next to her and said, "Don't worry, Yang said that she's going to convince Blake to go for sure this time. I believe she can." Ruby sighed and said, "I hope so."

Then Weiss came over to us, slammed two pieces of cloth on the table, and said, "Guys, I need your help to pick a tablecloth." Ruby looked at the two pieces of cloth, before sighing and giving up. Then she said, "Aren't they both the same?" Weiss sighed and said, "I don't even know why I asked you?! Y/N, what do you think?!" I looked at the pieces of cloth and said, "The one on the left looks better." Weiss looked at me and said, "Thanks, Y/N." As she walked away, Ruby looked at me and said, "You could tell the difference?" I shook my head and said, "No, I just picked randomly."

Then Yang came in carrying a speaker. I got up, went over to her, and said, "Here, let me have it. Just tell me where you want it." Yang smiled and handed me the speaker. After I put it where she wanted, both of us walked over to where Ruby was still sitting. Then my girlfriend asked her sister, "So, Ruby, have you picked out a dress yet?" Ruby looked at her and said, "What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?" Yang replied, "Oh, don't worry, she's going. I'll convince her." Ruby then asked, "But how? She's gotten worse ever since that night." Yang was just about to reply, but quickly got annoyed by something Weiss was doing and said, "Weiss.... I though we agreed! No doilies!" Weiss replied, "If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!" The doors suddenly opened and Neptune and Sun walked in, examining the ballroom. Then Neptune said, "Your dance is gonna have fog machines?" Weiss immediately answered, "We were thinking about it?!" Neptune replied, "That's pretty cool." Then Sun said, "So, you ladies all excited for dress-up?" Ruby chuckled slightly and said, "Yeah, right!" Yang said, "Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night. Especially Y/N's head." I blushed and smiled before I said in return, "I'm sure you will."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N pretending to be the Silver Shroud)

I finished getting dressed for the dance and looked at myself in the mirror

I finished getting dressed for the dance and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a white dress shirt with a black suit vest, black dress pants, a nice pair of dress shoes, and a black bowtie. I saw that ED-E was hovering behind me and I said, "How do I look?" He let out an encouraging beep to which I replied, "You really think so? Thanks, Eddie. You won't mind staying here during the dance, right?" He let out an affirmative bleep and I said, "Okay. Well, I guess I should get Yang." ED-E let out a beep and I said, "Oh, you're right. I don't want to forget the necklace I got her." I grabbed the necklace, put it in my pocket, and made my way to Team RWBY's dorm. I knocked on the door and Yang answered. I looked at her and said, "Wow. You look absolutely stunning, Goldilocks." She smiled and said, "You clean up quite nice yourself." I smiled and said, "Thanks. Oh and I got you something. Well, technically I made it." I pulled out the necklace I had made for her. It was a simple chain necklace with a red Nuka-Cola Bottlecap on it.

Yang looked at it and said, "Oh my gosh

Yang looked at it and said, "Oh my gosh. Y/N. You made this for me?" I nodded and said, "Yeah. I know it's not a shiny diamond or gemstone." She hugged me and said, "It's perfect. I love it because you made it for me, which makes it extremely unique. Thank you." I smiled and said, "You're welcome. Do you want me to put it on?" She nodded and I reached around her neck and clicked it on. Then I said, "So shall we head to the ballroom?" She nodded and said, "We shall. But I have to stand near the entrance and greet people as they come in. I'll come find you when I'm done. Then we can dance." I nodded and said, "That's sounds good to me."

We headed to the ballroom and Yang stood behind a podium near the entrance. As people were coming in, I thought of an idea and spotted Ozpin across the room. I went over to him and said, "Excuse me, Professor. Would it be okay if I played a couple songs as people keep arriving?" Ozpin smiled and said, "It would be perfectly fine." I smiled and made my way to the band on the stage. I looked at them and said, "I'm just going to play a couple songs until everyone gets here. Especially since my date is busy greeting people. If you guys know the song, feel free to join." The band members nodded as I sat down at the piano and took a deep breath before I began playing.

Everyone that had shown up at this point were dancing and cheering. I smiled as I saw Yang give me a smile and I began playing once more.

I smiled and saw that Yang was giving me a thumbs-up, letting me know that everyone had arrived. I got up, turned to the band members, and said, "It's all yours now. Thanks for letting me do that." One of them nodded and said, "No problem, you have quite a talented piano player." I thanked him and walked off the stage to go find Yang. I walked up to the balcony that overlooked the ballroom and found Yang waiting up there. I walked up behind her, wrapped my arms around her waist, and said, "Did I mention how breathtakingly beautiful you look tonight?" She turned to face me and said, "You're the best." Then I kissed her passionately on the lips. She kissed back and we pulled away after a few seconds. I looked into her beautiful lilac eyes and said, "Have I ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?" She smiled and nodded. Then Yang said, "Now let's go dance, Blue." I smiled and said, "As you wish." Then I led Yang down to the dance floor.

I grabbed her right hand with my left and hold her waist with the other. Then Yang put her hand on my shoulder and smiled. We both side step and started dancing in perfect sync with each other. After a while, Yang said, "Wow, Y/N, I didn't know that you knew how to dance so well." I smiled and said, "Well, my parents figured that one day, I'd have a girl to dance with. So my mom thought it would be better for me to be prepared for when that day came." She smiled and said, "Hey, Blue. Would you like to come with Ruby and I during break? We're going to be going to our house. You could meet my dad." I nodded and said, "If you insist." Yang smiled and said, "Great. Besides, I'm sure our dad will like you. Trust me." I smiled and said, "Alright." We continued to dance together and enjoy ourselves as the dance continued through the night.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.