Vol. 3 Ch. 22 Hurt

Your POV

A Couple Days Later

I had been staying at the Xiao Long house as I waited for her to wake up. If I wasn't in Yang's room waiting for her to wake, ED-E or Tai kept watch while I slept on the couch downstairs. One morning, I was woken up by ED-E letting out a beep in my face. I yawned as I looked at him and said, "Eddie? What is it?" He let out another beep and I said, "Wait, seriously? She's awake?" He let out an affirmative bleep as I got up, grabbed my glasses, and rushed upstairs to her room. I saw that Tai was already in the room, talking to her. I decided to give them some privacy and waited out in the hall. After a few minutes, Tai exited the room and said to me, "She's not exactly herself, but you can try to talk to her." I nodded and said, "The least I can do is try." Tai smiled and said, "Thank you, Y/N. I'll be downstairs." As he walked down the hall and down the staircase, I turned to ED-E and said, "Could you wait out here?" He let out an affirmative bleep and I took a deep breath before walking into the room.

As I entered the room, I saw her looking out the window with her back to the door. I spoke up and said, "Yang?" She didn't reply or look at me, she just kept staring out the window. I looked at my girlfriend and said, "Yang, you're going to be okay." She looked at me and said, "No, I'm not! A part of me is literally gone and it's not coming back! You don't know how that feels!" I got a bit agitated and said, "Yes, I do! I woke up in a world that wasn't the one I remembered!" Yang scoffed and said, "Then why don't you just go back to your stupid Vault then?! Then you'll be isolated from the world that you're so unfamiliar with!" Feeling hurt, I replied, "Fine! If that's how you feel, then I'll just go. I'm sorry, Yang. I'm sorry for being such an inconvenience for you!"

And with that, I turned and left the room. Before I left the house, I stopped by Tai in the living room and said, "I'm sorry, but Yang doesn't seem to want me around anymore. I still love her, even if she doesn't feel the same at the moment." He nodded and said, "I understand, Y/N. And for what it's worth, thank you." I gave him a nod as I turned to ED-E and said, "Eddie, I want you to stay here. I'll be in town. If she ever changes her mind, don't hesitate to send her my way." He let out a somber whirl, but followed up with an affirmative bleep. I tunred to Tai and said, "See you around, Tai."

I grabbed the couple things I had and put them in the Nuka-Cola backpack before I headed out. After a while, I reached the main city area of Patch and looked around for somewhere to stay and possibly even make some money. Eventually, I came across a small pub called The Lenny's Lantern. I saw a sign in the window that said that the apartment above it was for rent. I went inside and approached the bartender, who was wiping down the counter. He looked up at me and said, "Welcome to Lenny's Lantern. I'm Lenny and I own this place. What can I get you?" I looked at him and said, "I was interested in the apartment upstairs." He smiled at me and said, "Well then, the rent is 20 Lien a week. But if you want to work down here in the pub, the rent is free."

I nodded as I looked around and saw a piano against the wall. I smirked and said, "I can play the piano like nothing else. Will that work?" He rubbed his chin as he thought about it for a moment, before he answered and said, "Tell you what, you play the piano tonight when then evening crowd arrives and depending on how well you do, the apartment is yours." I smiled and said, "Thank you. What time should I be ready to start playing?" He smiled and replied, "I'd say a few minutes before the sun begins to set, so in a few hours. Until then, you can go ahead and check out the apartment and make yourself comfortable." I shook his hand and said, "Thank you." He nodded and said, "No problem. I don't think you told me your name." I smiled and said, "It's Y/N, Y/N L/N."

He led me up to the apartment and showed me around. It was a simple one bedroom apartment with a full bathroom and a small living room with an attached kitchen. It wasn't a lot but it was just enough for me to be comfortable. I thanked Lenny once more before he headed back down to the bar. I set my backpack on the couch and decided that I should probably get a shower and some rest before I have to head down to play that piano.

A Few Hours Later

After I had taken a small nap and gotten a shower, I decided that I should leave my leather utility belt and leather armor in my bag along with my gloves. I checked the time and headed on down to the bar. Lenny saw me and said, "You better be as good as you said you were." I smiled and said, "Trust me, you won't be disappointed." I sat down at the piano and played a couple keys to get a feel for it. As a few people started coming in, I decided to start the night off with an old favorite of mine. I smiled and began playing.

As I finished the song, I heard everyone else in the pub giving me applause. I smiled and began playing another song.

I decided that my next song would be a little more soft and from the heart. I took a deep breath and began playing once more.

I kept playing different songs on the piano as the night went on. When it was closing time and the last customer had left, Lenny came over to me and said, "Well, I gotta say. You certainly impressed me. You can have the apartment and work here as a piano player." I smiled and said, "Thanks, Lenny." He nodded and said, "Don't mention it, you earned it." I nodded and made my way up to  the apartment, where I laid down on the bed and fell asleep.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.