francis forever

first day back at school tmrw and i am going to cry myself to sleep tonight because i have one friend, im not even exaggerating when i say that.

i have a friend group, but none of them speak to me unless they want something from me so technically i dont :)

its okay tho bc my dog will always be here for me

enjoy 🫶🏻

——

~ 3 days after Five went missing ~

Number Eight was the brightest of the umbrella bunch.

She hated to not have a smile on her face. Five always loved this trait about her. To him, she resembled his happiness.

Five was stubborn and arrogant but could be gentleman when he needed to.

He had already spent a month in the apocalypse. (Time difference between apocalypse timeline and normal timeline.)

It was incredibly lonely, he lived off of whatever he could find, occasionally finding food from the ruined buildings of supermarkets.

He did find a companion though, a mannequin, Delores.

He sits on rock and reads the book that Vanya wrote when she grew older.

He was reading about how Eight would sit in his room every evening and read books aloud as if she were reading to him.

Eight walked around his bedroom, inspecting the bed sheets which had been left as they were and his favourite toys sat on his dresser.

She teared up as she noticed the friendship ring she gave him when they were only little was lying on a shelf, she picked it up and out it on her finger, it had his name engraved onto it.

She picked up his favourite book and flipped through the pages, The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss.

She flipped to the front and sat on the edge of his bed, and started reading out loud.

~ Five years after Five went missing ~

Number Eight was the first of the bunch to decide to move out, being 18 years old gave her the freedom to make her own decisions.

She declared to her father that she was tired of being one of his little test subjects. He had no choice but to let her go.

She walked around the mansion one last time, saying her goodbyes and reminiscing to the good parts of her childhood.

She walked to Five's room and looked around. Dust covered everything.

She fiddled with the ring on her finger. At this point in time the Hargreeves has assumed Five was no longer alive.

"I miss you, you know. It'd be nice if you just popped out of no where right now." She chuckled slightly.

"Goodbye, Five."

She left his room and walked down the stairs.

Pogo was there to see her off to her taxi.

"If he ever comes back, Pogo. Tell him this." She leaned down and whispered in Pogo's ear.

Pogo relaxed his face and smiled. "Of course. I will make sure to remember."

"Goodbye." She smiles back, chuckling.

~ 16 years after Five went missing ~

Eight was in a meeting at her workplace when her boss asked her for a moment to talk outside.

"Am I in trouble?" She giggled.

"No. It's your father, he passed away this morning."

"Oh my.." She widened her eyes.

"You can take the time off if you need it." Her boss sympathised.

"No. I'll be okay, was never that close with him."

She wanted nothing to do with her father.

A few days went by and she was getting calls from her family, she ignored them all, she had left that behind 11 years ago.

She was finishing up for the night when she heard voices approaching her door.

There was a light knock as she heard someone else walk off.

"Just a minute." She finished off the sentence she was typing. "Come in."

The door hesitantly opened. She continued to gaze at her computer, finalising a few things.

The person stood there and said nothing. "What is it?"

Still nothing, she looks up from her computer and. "Motherfucker."

There he was was. "I love you too." He smiled at her.

"Pogo remembered." She smiled.

"You look older." He stated.

"I'm 29 now."

"Of course." He saw the ring on her finger. "You kept my ring."

"Yep. I needed something to remind me of you. Where did you go?"

"An apocalypse, we have 4 days before everything is destroyed."

She covered mouth. "How can you say that so casually?!"