Chapter 3: Family Mission

3rd pov:

"Is that it?" Neteyam sighed, wiping the sweat from his forehead, it was almost eclipse and the rest of the builders had left after him and Tsamera volunteered to do the finishing touches.

"If this is what you would like, then yes." Her voice was still void of much emotion, monotonous, and Neteyam was amused by this strange front, he never met someone as guarded as her.

"Why do you talk like that?" He smiled with a cheeky tone in his voice, swinging under a beam to stand in front of her.

"Like what?" The girl did not even give him a glance as she bent down to began picking up pieces of rubbish and building material.

"Like that." He pointed out her flat communication, "Like a robot."

"What is a robot?"

"Like a very big metallic brain person, who speaks boring and with not a single note of meaning in their words."

"I do not speak like this robot thing you talk about." She scoffed, but her ears twitched slightly, Neteyam noticed making a mental note in his head that was a tell tale sign of her lying.

"Yes you do." He bent down, getting in her line of sight so she had no choice but to look at him.

"No I do not." Her eyes narrowed.

"See! There it is. Not even an abbreviation, and I know for certain that is not the natural way you speak because you lose your robot voice when you get angry." He said matter-of-factly.

"Oh yeah smartass?" She raised her eyebrows at his arrogance, walking around here, getting in her face, acting like he knew her.

"Yes, because look, you're angry, and you called me a smartass, I think you just proved me right."

Tsamera's ears flattened back in realisation, a very brief look of bewilderment flashed across her face, the expression quickly vanishing, her typical stoic one replacing it.

"I suppose you are good at making me angry then." 

Neteyam groaned at the forced voice, he was a future leader too, but all this diplomacy stuff was more patronising for him than polite, he wasn't his parents, he was literally her age.

"Come on! What do I have to do for you to drop that voice." He slumped against a pole.

"Give me one good reason why I should lose my etiquette for you." She crossed her arms, leaning a few feet away onto the wall of the new Marui.

Neteyam's eyes lit up with an idea, a glint of mischief that reflected in the disappearing sun.

He walked towards her slowly, leaning down his head slightly.

"If you don't, I'll just keep making you angry so I can hear it." He smirked.

There was something flirtatious about the way he said that, it wasn't said with malice, Tsamera would deal with that much better if it was, in fact she wished it was said with malice instead of romance.

The girl's cheeks dusted pink as she looked away from the boy, quickly shoving the rubbish into his chest for him to carry and speed walking the hell out of there.

Neteyam clutched the rubbish tightly to his chest out of shock before rethinking the situation, "Well, it wasn't a no."

.

.

.

.

"Neteyam, plate up Tuk's food please, you know what she likes better than the rest of us, try and get her to eat something out of all this new food please." Neytiri asked her eldest son, trusting his close bond with the baby of the family.