Chapter 45: When it all comes falling down

3rd pov:

Lo'ak's Ikran shrieked as he landed, Tsireya and Aonung beside him and the rest of the forest clans behind him.

"Where's Tsamera?" He asked with concern in his voice as he walked towards his brother.

"I couldn't do it, I couldn't let her fight, especially not when she's pregnant, she'll be slower and disadvantaged."

Lo'ak nodded in understanding before gesturing to the clans behind him, "They're all yours."

Neteyam patted him on the back, "Thank you. Bridgehead is a couple clicks away, the sea clans are waiting at the coast, eclipse is in an hour and Varang is already there, they're getting ready to make a move, get into position and wait for my signal." The older brother spoke to his family.

"Got it." Lo'ak said, beginning to move away, but stopped in his tracks at his brother's voice.

"And Lo'ak?"

"Yeah?"

"Be safe. Protect each other, I can't lose another person." Neteyam pulled him into a hug, placing a firm kiss on the top of his brother's head, they were older now, but Lo'ak would always be Neteyam's little brother.

"You too, you got a wife and unborn kids to get back to, remember that before you start trying to sacrifice yourself." Lo'ak left his brother's embrace, giving him his parting words before getting back on his Ikran and taking off.

Neteyam turned to the forest clans, "I presume you all know why I have asked for you!" He projected his voice, grabbing the attention of the soldiers before him. "Today we take back what is ours, we restore balance to our world, we protect our Great Mother...and we avenge those that these demons have taken from us. Brave warriors of Pandora, they have killed too many and burned too much to be deserving of your mercy, so show none. Not even to the Na'vi who have betrayed their own kind. Look to your left, and to your right, look all around you. These are your brothers and sisters, even if it is for one night only, we are united, Toruk Makto may be gone, but his spirit lives on, and urges you to fight. SO WILL YOU FIGHT?" 

Shouts and war cries came from the massive crowd before him.

"WILL YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR HOME? WILL YOU PROTECT OUR SACRED GROUNDS? WILL YOU PROTECT OUR CHILDREN?"

The shouts got louder and louder as the warriors got more rowdy.

Neteyam put his bow in the air just as his mother did in battle so many times before him, his heart ached thinking of her and his father.

"THEN RIDE WITH ME. BROTHERS AND SISTERS...THIS IS WHEN IT ALL COMES FALLING DOWN!" Neteyam let out his own shrill war cry and jumped on his Ikran, leading the storming crowd of Na'vi straight towards bridgehead.

Ikran screeched and Direhorses pounded their hooves into the ground, even the reclusive tribe of Palulukan riders had joined the cause, and although he wasn't physically here, Neteyam felt it. He felt his dad and Toruk right beside him, screaming for the freedom of his people and his home.

.

.

.

.

"Lieutenant how's the tanks looking?" Quaritch called out amongst the hustle and bustle of preparing soldiers.

"Good sir, we should be good to go in 5 minutes tops."

"Excellent."

"Colonel." The sly voice of Varang hissed from behind him, grabbing the avatar's attention.