Chapter 14: Pressure

3rd pov:

The teenagers came out of the water, still messing around as they approached the tribe for dinner.

"Bro, y'all ain't got no other food but fish, ever considered like a vegetable once in a while?" Lo'ak complained, picking up a plate of spiced fish for the umpteenth time.

"Hey man don't take it up with me, when I was younger I used to try eating coral to see if it tasted any better." Tsamera said making Tsireya frown and slap her sister's butt with her tail, "OW!"

"This is my recipe!"

"I know, it's ghetto." Tsamera said, sitting down, tossing her plate in front of her, the beady eye of the fish staring up, as if to prove the girl's point.

"IT IS NOT GHETTO." Tsireya said, looking to Lo'ak for support but he simply lay his hand on her shoulder and gave her a sympathetic look.

"No offence babe, but it's ghetto, I'm pretty sure mine still has a pulse."

"What! Aonung come on back me up." She looked to her brother, who simply avoided all eye contact, muttering something about the sand looking pretty good right now.

"Ok you know what fine! Tomorrow you can all eat kelp, how about that?!"

"REALLY?" They all said, excitement on their faces, Tsireya just deadpanned.

"Yeah, hope you choke on it." She snatched Lo'ak's plate and began eating it, making the boy shout complaints. "Shut up Lo'ak, eat that rock if my food's so ghetto."

"...pretty ghet-"

"HM?"

"NOTHING MY LOVE." The boy reached for another plate, smiling at Tsireya as he bit into the fish, she pat him on the head.

"See, my food is amazing."

"Hey guys!" Sraheyti interrupted, sitting with the group, a still very sour Meytukti sitting down next to him.

"Hey Sraheyti, and the bitch no one likes-" Kiri slapped Lo'ak's mouth shut whilst the other boys snickered, but instead of scolding him for his comment she simply said,

"Lo'ak don't talk with food in your mouth, call her a bitch after you swallow."

Lo'ak gulped is food down, "My apologies."

"I am not a bitch." Meytukti growled, hissing at Lo'ak who simply flipped her off as he stayed munching on that fish and admiring Tsireya.

"Excuse Lo'ak, he doesn't have a filter, we know you are not a bitch Meytukti." Tsamera tried her best to be civil, giving her ultimate diplomatic smile, she didn't want Sraheyti getting his ass beat, especially when he was trying his best not to laugh at Lo'ak's comment.

However, despite Tsamera's best efforts, Meytukti loved to live up to her label and scoffed at the ash tribe girl, "If anyone's a bitch here it's you."

Everyone's jaws dropped slightly, eyes wide as they stared at Tsamera, waiting for her to break the sea tribe girl's nose.

"And why is that?" Tsamera's tone was sweet, but too sweet, you could tell she was thinking of every way to end someone's existence.

The group's eyes darted back and forth between the girls.

"Simple really, you're fake, you act nice to my face but I can tell you actually hate me, not to mention the way you've been getting in the way of Neteyam and I."

Lo'ak choked on his food, "Neteyam and who? You? Nah shawty trippin for reallll-"

"Lo'ak shut up." Tsireya said, silencing the Sully boy's attempt at diffusing tension.