Chapter 10: Burn for me

3rd pov:

Neteyam just stared at her in pure shock, was she telling him how he felt?

What the fuck.

"How the hell would you know if I love you or not." He started to get angry, Neteyam wasn't one to lose his temper easily but this girl jus pushed his buttons in ways he couldn't describe, her ability to sit there and flat out reject his feelings for her because... well that was it... for no reason she just didn't want him to love her, and it infuriated him because he did, he loved her so much, why wouldn't she just let him.

"Because I just do..."

"That's not a very good answer for such a bold fucking statement." Neteyam clenched his jaw in annoyance.

"See. You don't love me, you shouldn't. I'm not good for anyone."

"What the hell? You're good for me, you're fucking amazing for me when your not trying to push me away." He tried to reach out for her again but she pushed his hands away, standing up from the bed.

"I should go." She said, and there it was, that voice he hadn't heard in months, that stupid robotic voice.

That was it for Neteyam.

"No." He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her away from the exit, "No, you're going to tell me why you're acting like this, why won't you let me in, why don't you trust me?"

"I do trust you."

"Then what the hell! Tell me what's going on."

"IT'S ME I DON'T TRUST. I'M NOT OVER BEING SCARED OF YOU, I'M NOT OVER BEING SCARED OF WHAT I MIGHT DO TO YOU, OK? YOU CAN'T JUST GET OVER THAT. THAT FEAR OF NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH. THAT FEAR OF NOT BEING WORTH ANYONE'S LOVE." She shouted, thanking Eywa Neteyam's Marui was at the end of the village, quite distant from the other so no one would hear them.

Tears begun to stream uncontrollably down the girl's face, but she stared into his eyes regardless, the boy simply stood in shock, his heart aching for the girl, this emotional damage, this loneliness she as been subject to her whole life, it cut so much deeper than what he thought.

But his silence was taken as answer, "See, you don't love me Neteyam." She tried to walk away but his grip tightened and suddenly he lay his lips on her.

"I do, I'm still her Mera, I love you so much."

"I will hurt you."

"I can handle it."

"No Neteyam I will seriously hurt you, I've never been loved before, I don't know how to deal with it."

"Then let me show you, let me love you."

"No."

"Tsamera!" The Omaticaya man said desperately, he needed to show her how serious he was about these feelings, he refused to lose her.

"Neteyam stop!"

"NO, I WON'T. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH SO STOP PUSHING ME AWAY. I DON'T NEED YOU TO LOVE ME TODAY OR TOMORROW, OR EVER. JUST LET ME LOVE YOU. I NEED YOU."

"YOU WILL GO HOME ONE DAY AND FORGET ALL ABOUT ME, YOU DON'T NEED ME-"

"I DO! YOU'RE MY MATE, THE AIR I BREATHE, THE WATER I DRINK, THE SUSTENANCE I REQUIRE. NOW THAT I HAVE A LIFE WITH YOU I WON'T LIVE ONE WITHOUT YOU. AND I WON'T LEAVE, I'LL STAY. I'LL STAY FOR YOU. FOR THE REST OF MY EXISTENCE. I WILL STAY."

"You cannot give up your family and home for me." Tsamera's voice cracked as more tears, flowed, she was sure she wasn't worth it.

"You are my home. And I will have a family with you."

"Look at me Neteyam! Look!" She grabbed his hand placing it to her face, "Look at these eyes, purple, look at this skin, an unbelievable shade of blue, look at my tail, my hair, my build. I am a freak." She broke even more, her words shattered Neteyam's heart, tears beginning to slips out of his eyes too, he can't believe he let the woman he loves see herself this way, all of those times Aonung had criticised her and called her all these names, she brushed it off so well even he believed her, but a lifetime of torment and ostracization has hurt this girls so deeply, not even the toughest exteriors could conceal the fragile self beneath. "Not even the brother I raised loves me! I am not deserving of love, especially not yours."

"You're wrong, you are not a freak, I'm looking right at you, I see the most enchanting ocean of purple that storms in your eyes, I see a a hair colour that represents who you are, the same goes for your skin tone, that is who you are, where you come from, your ancestors gave you this body, this beautiful strong and healthy body-" He cradled her face with hand she put there in shame

"Not even they wanted me Neteyam, I can't be loved."

"You can, you can because they don't see you Tsamera, your bother doesn't see you, your biological parents don't see you, this tribe doesn't see you... I do. I see you" 

Tsamera stayed silent, looking at the man in front of her in awe, he saw her, he really understood her. 

Neteyam took this silence as an opportunity to carry on, " You don't know what I would do for you." He placed his other hand on her chest, and felt that warmth, so much stronger, it was the blazing fire that roared in his own heart.

"Would you burn for me?"

Tsamera looked deep into him, to see if he felt like she did, if he would allow these scorching flames of love and desire consume his sanity and thought, make him put everything on the line, did he feel like this, did he feel the way she felt? Because she would burn for him a million times over, she would give everything to him.

And without missing a beat, "Yes."

He understood perfectly well what she meant, it was just them now, just the two of them, they loved their families and friends still, but they had found their other half, the person willing to give them their all the way they did themselves.

Tsamera placed her hand on his heart too, just like they did all those months ago at the shell ceremony, "I see you Neteyam te Suli Tsyeyki'tan."

Neteyam's heart swelled, he believed her, undoubtedly he did.

"And I love you." She finished, a soft smile spread on both of their faces, the fire behind them continued to burn as they kissed, different to all the rest, it was sure on both sides, they were secure, they were in love, they were for each other and each other only.

They both felt their souls rejoice.

Eywa was please, her plan had set in motion.

.

.

.

.

.

AN: Shorter chapter but it's pretty emotionally hefty so I thought I would leave it at that, please do comment because I love to see your guys' reactions to what I write, and if you haven't already, go check out my other completed Neteyam book called Unity and comment there please too because I just love it lmao, this fandom is so funny.