Chapter 17: They're coming

3rd pov:

Upon arriving back at the clan both Lo'ak and Aonung were severely scolded for going outside the reef without any supervisor or letting anyone know where they were going, the pair shrugged it off, admitting their idiocy and the kids gathered once again some hours later in the evening for dinner, Tsireya fussing over the younger Omaticaya boy greatly.

"Are you sure you are ok to eat this? It is quite tough, your throat must still be in quite a lot of pain, I'll make you something else-" She began to stand up.

"Tsireya, it's fine, I can handle it, I'm a man." Lo'ak tried to act cool, but his scratchy throat gave him away.

"Tsireya give him this hot tea from the Tsahik please." Tsamera told her younger sister who obeyed and took the drink from the oldest's hand, forcing it into Lo'ak's.

"But I-"

"Yeah yeah you're a man, just shut up and drink the tea." Tsamera rolled her eyes, flopping down next to Neteyam, the two of them were exhausted from the day, it had been all over the place, the close call of Lo'ak's death had entirely taken away from the fact that the pair had mated, leaving them with only now to digest the large milestone they achieved.

Neteyam laughed lightly to himself, remembering the moment in the Cove of Ancestors fondly, the feeling, it was unlike anything he's ever felt before, profound spiritual pleasure was an understatement.

"What are you laughing at like a little gremlin?" Aonung said, giving Neteyam the side eye.

"Hm? Oh me, nothing..." He looked at Tsamera, his eyes asking 'Should we tell them? It's only a matter of time.'

And the girl just smiled and nodded.

"What kind of telepathic mind bamboozlement is this?" Lo'ak said looking between the two like they were crazy.

Neteyam answered his question by bringing his lips to Tsamera's the both of them sharing a deep and passionate kiss.

Lo'ak's jaw dropped to the ground as he began choking on the tea Tsireya gave him, his counter part on the other hand just squealed in excitement as she shook Lo'ak, fawning over the romantic moment with Tuk.

Kiri's eyes went wide but she soon became distracted by trying to save Rotxo from suffocating on the fish that was now in his lungs instead of his stomach.

Aonung on the other hand stayed silent. Just staring at the two as they eventually brought their kiss to an end, the look in their eyes was one of overwhelming love.

"You have mated." He said, making the others flabbergasted once again, being in a relationship is one thing, mating is a whole other.

"Yes, we are mated before Eywa, it is done." Neteyam said, taking Tsamera's hand in his own as he looked back at his family and friends with confidence.

"Bro, how long has this been going on?" Lo'ak asked, slightly offended his brother didn't tell him

"Since the shell ceremony, we lied about not getting a pairing, we got each other, we just wanted to hide it for the time being to allow our relationship to grow without any outside influence."

"6 MONTHS? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME BRO?" Lo'ak threw his hands in the air.

"Because you're ass is too loud, exhibit A." Neteyam gestured to his younger brother who still had his arms in the air like he was a landmark.

"Congratulations brother, Eywa has blessed you with a beautiful partner." Kiri said, Rotxo simply nodded with a thumbs up as he coughed up the last of the fish in his lungs.