Chapter 15: Explanations

3rd pov:

Tsamera and Neteyam scrambled off of each other as Jake closed the tent flap, the romantic mood vanishing as quickly as it appeared.

The girl rushed to the exit, opening the flap to check on her father who Jake was currently splashing water on to wake up.

"HUAAHHHHHHH." Tonowari dramatically inhaled as he began to sit up, meeting eyes with Jake, full blown panic on his expression, "JAKE! I HAD THE MOST TERRIBLE DREAM, YOU AND I WALKED IN ON OUR CHILDREN...DOING THINGS...THINGS THAT FATHERS SHOULD NOT SEE. NETEYAM WAS KISSING MY DAUGHT-" His eyes shifted over to the guilty looking Neteyam, who scratched the top of his head, his hand wresting on the waist of the chief's daughter, who looked absolutely appalled.

Then he fainted again.

"TONOWARI WHAT THE FUCK, COME ON." Jake flipped over his friend, dunking his head in the water.

"HUAAHHHHHHH. JAKE I HAD THE MOST TERRIBLE-"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE, NOW STOP PASSING OUT YOU ALREADY HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE." Jake shook Tonowari who was trying to hold onto consciousness for dear life a 3rd time as he saw the couple again.

"I thought your dad liked me..." Neteyam frowned.

"Oh he loves you, give him a second, he's just coming to terms with the fact his little girl isn't 4 years old saying boys are yucky anymore." Tsamera laughed as Jake was still trying to talk sense into Tonowari.

Eventually the two men recovered, trying to salvage the bit of their dignity they had left.

"You two. Explain what...whatever that was..." Jake grimaced, the horrific vision no father should ever have to see was seemingly tattooed onto the inside of his eyelids, because every time Jake closed his eyes he saw it, he even remembered the way Neteyam's tail was swishing around all happy.

It made Jake want to puke.

Why him.

Neytiri would have loved walking in on this.

She probably would have sat the two of them down and begun telling them every forbidden romance story since the time of the first songs.

But no, it was him, and Tonowari who wouldn't stop passing the fuck out.

"Y-yes, explain daughter." Tonowari stuttered out, trying his best to look serious, on the inside he was fangirling his daughter bagged such a top tier man, pride flowing through his veins knowing his daughter bagged the first born son of Toruk Makto, future Olu'ektan of the Omaticaya (An: pretend Jake didn't permanently give up the title), and most of all the Nalutsa King.

Neteyam expected Tsamera to start waffling an excuse born in the spur of the moment like hormones or something but much to his surprise, Tsamera took his hand, softly but confidently and walked forwards to the pair of fathers.

"Dad, we weren't entirely honest with you all about the results of the shell ceremony."

"I KNEW IT! TUK OWES ME 10 BUCKS-sorry continue." Jake interrupted.

"Well, the truth is, we are future mates, our shells were right next to each other inside of a little coral cave, we just decided it was best to keep things a secret whilst we figure stuff out, but mainly because mother would not take so kindly to this situation."

"Oh believe me daughter, I know, your mother is a bit of a sour puss when it comes to Neteyam and his noticeable attachment to you, of course none of us thought it would be on such a large scale, we were actually both coming to speak to you tonight about maybe putting some distance between the two of you so you don't get your hearts broken later. But now the both of you are fated, I suppose there is no necessity for such things. As for your mother, and everyone else, our lips are sealed, I'm very proud of you daughter, I know opening your heart up to love and be loved was not easy for you, and I am so happy you have found someone who will unconditionally and irrevocably love you forever, no matter the circumstance." Tonowari began to tear up, stroking his daughter's face, she wasn't his blood, nor native to his tribe, but he always saw her as his first born child, she was always his little princess, he was so proud of her. Tonowari turned to Neteyam and brought him into a bear hug, "And thank you, for persisting with my daughter, I can't imagine it was easy, she has a tendency to push away those who love her and those she loves, thank you for putting a smile on her face, I haven't seen her genuinely smile since she was 3 and oblivious to all the cruelty around her, with you, it's like she doesn't know how to stop smiling. Thank you son."