Chapter 28: Liar

3rd pov:

A tall and slender Omaticaya girl ran up to Neteyam, jumping on him and wrapping her arms around his neck in a deep embrace.

One he awkwardly didn't really return as he gave her a pat on the back before putting the girl back down on the ground.

"Hey Koraeya." He nervously chuckled scratching the top of his head habitually, eyes avoiding the girl in front of him but also avoiding his mate next to him, afraid he might explode from the lasers that her irises were burning into the back of his head.

His jealous baby. Adorable but very much terrifying. She was definitely gonna hold that hug against him for the rest of their lives.

A chorus of 'Neteyam's and 'Lo'ak's came from the group of girls that poured in after this so called Koraeya, they all seemed quite smitten with the Sully boys, Tsamera's eyes darted to Kiri, she trusted the girl's judgement, if Kiri didn't like them, she wouldn't either.

Low and behold, the adoptive daughter of Jake and Neytiri rolled her eyes at the group of girls as she walked over to the large group with her own couple of friends, even Tuk seemed to glare at the girls.

Now that definitely was a bad sign, nevertheless, Tsamera had never been one to cause a scene unless absolutely necessary, so she simply stood back and observed.

"Sooo Neteyam, now that you're back, I suppose we can pick back up from where we left off." Koraeya smiled, stepping closer to him and brushing her fingertips against his palm in an attempt to initiate some physical contact.

Her words made Tsamera's brow furrow, 'pick back up from where we left off', Neteyam said he didn't have a girlfriend, but this Koraeya girl didn't even know who Tsamera was yet, she had no reason to lie and her emotions seemed genuine. 

Was Neteyam courting her before the Sully family left for the ocean.

The eldest son retracted his hand quickly, "About that... Could we talk in private really quick?"

Koraeya was about to nod before Tsamera stepped forward, "I'm sure anything you have to say you can say in front of all of us Neteyam, we're all your good friends here." She gave a tight lipped smile to the boy and he knew he was in trouble.

"Sorry, who are you, I don't think I've seen you around here before." Koraeya said, looking the girl up and down. Neteyam was about to answer, and break the news that Tsamera was his mate, but the girl had other plans.

She wanted the full truth and right now it seemed Neteyam might not be the best source.

"I'm one of his friends from the ocean tribe, we came back on a sort of exchange trip."

Everyone a part from Koraeya and her friend group grimaced, Neteyam was fucked. The Omaticaya knew the truth, Lo'ak mumbling an 'oh shit' under his breath.

"Oh ok, nice to meet you, anyways, what were you saying Neteyam? Everyone here already knows what we are so you can feel free to say whatever it is in front of them." She grinned, her eyes looking at him with a romantic hunger. 

"Hehe, about that, define what 'we are' again, just so I can figure out how I'm going to say this." His throat dried out.

"I thought it was obvious silly, you're the one who has been courting me for 6 months." She giggled, playfully slapping his chest.

The sentence made Tsamera's mouth drop, that was the same time Neteyam had been courting her, Neteyam was ready to mate with this girl, at least that was the impression she got from the expecting look in Koraeya's eyes. The poor girl was waiting for him to pop the question.