Chapter 16: The Cove of Ancestors

3rd pov:

Neteyam's eyes widened, his mouth opening slightly in awe as they swam through a large stone structure, and incredible tree revealing itself to the pair, a tree of Eywa.

The whole cove glowed with bioluminescence, not a single creature but them was in there, the sea floor just simply glowed with the Great Mother's energy.

Tsamera patted the Illu's neck, having it stop just past the entrance, the slow sliding off and diving into the water, Neteyam looked everywhere and anywhere, it was almost too much to take in all at once and before he could realise it he was smacking head first into a tree branch.

He saw Tsamera trying desperately not to laugh so she doesn't drown underwater, the girl signed to him.

Come, let's go up.

Neteyam nodded his head, resurfacing with her.

He couldn't help but think that despite everything around him she was still the most beautiful, her deep blue skin glowed, reflecting the natural lights around her. The dots all over her body that were normal in the day now shone a tinted blue light.

Her hair was currently unbraided, just in its natural flowing state, the water slicking it back with a few strands falling to frame her face, just like the day he first met her.

This time though, she was smiling, a genuine beautiful smile that took his breath away, it was like her eyes sparkled with the love she held for him.

She really wasn't scared anymore, she wasn't scared to love him and show how much she loved him.

"You look really hot right now by the way." Tsamera said, she herself had also been admiring the man in front of her, more specifically admiring the water droplets rolling down his toned chest...but we don't need to talk about that, for the sake of her dignity.

She had never been a very thirsty person, but it was hard not to be for Neteyam.

"Oh yeah?" Neteyam leaned back onto a set of branches behind him, propping his elbows up next to him to rest on a level branch behind his back.

He knew the pose made him look...nicer...to say the least.

And he could tell it was working from the way Tsamera was looking everywhere but him.

"Yeah you look pretty nice or whatever." Tsamera shrugged, trying to play it cool, swimming closer to him.

Neteyam, still ever so confident, moved his arm from the branch behind him and instead took her chin in his hand, "Why don't you compliment me some more, I like it." His voice low and sultry.

Neteyam's words set off alarms in her head, red alert, red alert, she now suddenly lost the ability to breathe, "Well-I umm...you have a great smile." She chuckled nervously.

Neteyam scoffed, "I know for a fact that's not the best you can do. Give me something better, what's your favourite thing about me?" He teased her, his tail wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer to his face, the Omaticaya man now leaning in a bit more to her.

"I don't...I don't have a favourite thing about you, I like all of you."

Neteyam kissed his teeth, signalling her to try harder because that answer didn't suffice.

"Y-your shoulders maybe...yeah, I like your shoulders..." Tsamera was hesitant, she had never tried her hand at flirting like this, and she was absolutely terrible, the girl couldn't understand how Neteyam was so calm, just sitting there all smug as he stared down at her with that butterflies inducing smirk.

"Mhmm? Better, what do you like about them?" He pushed further, his hand now let go of her face and took her own palm, guiding it to rest on his shoulders.