Chapter 40: I can't breathe

3rd pov:

"We've been going around in circles at this point, where is this motherfucker going?" Neteyam growled.

"Maybe he's scouting the area, setting traps, planning." Tsamera suggested, the others were on the ground whilst the pair watched from above, they had been mapping out their journey for the past month and although Quaritch took them all the way to the edge of the forest in every direction, they had now ended up almost exactly where they started, home was only a couple klicks away to the West.

"Or maybe he knows we're following him and he's fucking with us."

"How would he know?"

"I don't know but I wouldn't put it past him, maybe Varang has already started working with him? You did say she knew of the hunt."

"Yes but don't you think she would have gloated to me about it already, if she can access my subconscious, she could visit me in my dreams whenever."

"We don't know her well enough to assume that, I say for now, we just work on the grounds that Varang and Quaritch are a combined force."

"Agreed, now come on, we've left them on the ground long enough, we need to get going, this is the closest we've been to the bastard in a while."

Neteyam nodded, pressing his comm to speak to Lo'ak, within seconds the hunting party was back in the sky and soaring West, it wasn't hard to see where the avatars were going, they often left destruction and pollution in their path, they certainly weren't incognito.

After a couple of hours, Neteyam spotted some artificial lights amongst the foliage, he yipped and held his bow up in the air, halting the party.

"What is it." Lo'ak came up next to his brother.

"Lights, down there." He pointed, his siblings following the direction of his finger.

"Holy shit, yeah that's them." Lo'ak muttered.

"So what now? We attack them whilst we have the element of surprise?" Aonung furrowed his brow.

"No, that's too dangerous, now that we've caught up to them, we watch them, some of us will stay in the air, others on the ground so we can get a closer look at them and their operation." Tsamera commanded.

"Don't worry Aonung, Tsamera and I have strategized a plan for this situation already, we are prepared, for now, just do as we say, us 7 will be on the ground along with a couple of the others that are best in hand to hand combat. The rest will be surveying from up above, circling the whole area and forming blockades, we're gonna corner these motherfuckers." Neteyam reassured the reef boy.

"What will we do on the ground?" Kiri asked.

"We're the front line, we'll start the attack." Tsamera replied, pulling back to instruct the rest of the group before diving silently on her Ikran to land in a tree a little way away from the human campsite, the others following her.

"Stay here." Neteyam pointed a stern finger at his Ikran who seemed to be insistent on following him.

It just yapped in response and shuffled it's large body through the trees behind him once he started walking.

"I mean it Zezeya, stay here." He whipped his head back around, halting the not so sly mountain banshee. (AN: Yes his banshee is called Zezeya, as in Zeze because I think Neteyam is so similar to Neytiri, even his Ikran looks like Zeze so I think he would honour is mum's old Ikran with naming his after Zeze, he probably grew up with Neytiri telling him a bunch of stories about Zeze and so he views Zeze as like a mighty Ikran only for the best of warriors which is another reason why he gave his own such a similar name, he wanted his Ikran to be just as fast, strong, brave and loyal as Zeze like the storied he grew up hearing.)